Close

Thread: Yellow fogs

Yellow fogs

This has kinda been covered in some very old forums. But I still couldn't find the answer I was looking for so here we go....
    I want yellow fogs. I have heard numerous talk about ebay and moonsi's fogs. everyone says that they work fine as long as you swap the switch. I was told there was a DIY for this swap but I can't find it. My question about these is that the bulbs are completely different than the ones for OEM. Does this mean the output is significantly less? Is there not a JDM, OEM , HOP yellow fog? And going back to the switch issue, the ones from password JDM look like the switch is not as "cheesy" looking as the other cheaper ones, is this true. I have wanted fogs for a very long time(recently thought I had found a good deal) and I am waiting to get fogs to put my HFP lip on so I can do it all at once. I would really like to put a set on ASAP so any help, advice, links, websites, etc would be extremely appreciated.

PS. does any one know if moogen is still on here(he made a set of badass projector fogs, which I would do as an alternative to the yellow ones)

Bump. Who has abswers

I have an Ebay kit purchased for under $40 years ago with a factory switch. The bulbs are standard issue H1's I believe.
    I recently purchased a new Ebay kit for just over $40 to replace my beat up shrouds and a cracked lens.
    As far as light output goes do not confuse a fog light with a driving light. A fog light does not function as a concentrated beam as does a driving light. So in that regard the H1 bulb will function as per the shroud in which it is installed. That said, I assure you the light output is compareable to stock. A simple upgrade to a quality high output bulb will increase the brightness further.
    As for the switch, its not rocket science. Dont make it more complicated. Obtain whichever kit catches your fancy, order a fog light switch from an RSX and when your kit comes in, simply use your new OEM switch in place of the one in the kit. Install will take a bit depending on how clean you want it to be and uour comfort level with wiring.
    After install,fire everything up and finish off with a Killians Irish Red or a Blue Moon.

So the aftermarket harness is a direct plug in to the factory switch? I have been told it isn't. And it looks like the factory housings use 9006 bulbs or something similar, the output of a H1 is equivalent?

If I remember correctly my bulbs are H1. I am at work right now, but I will double check later on this evening. As far as the switch goes, on my set it was a direct fit.

Let me know. I'm almost positive that the OEM fogs have bigger bulbs, which doesn't actually matter I guess. My thing is I am not doing fog lights for the look alone, I live off of a lake and fog is very common. I want to make sure that if I am going to use them that they put out enough to make a difference. Any pictures of yours on?

There are a couple random shots of my car on assorted threads. I am currently rocking some custom JDMugen edition aluminum fog light covers though. Working up the courage to trim my carbon fiber lip to accept the fog lights.

Need to make a correction. The fog light switches are in fact different between this new set of Ebay foggies and the old set I have installed. The old harness was a direct plug in to the OEM switch and the new wiring runs a different looking switch altogether. Didn't think to snap a picture but will do so tonight.

Thank you sir. Any body know for sure which harness moonsi uses

Bump for more info.... I really want some fogs soon, but I want to make sure my questions are answered first

Does any body know which kits will plug directly into the OEM switch? Pictures or links would be awesome

I know somebody has traded the crappy switch for the oem one.

I have seen a couple kits on the bay that say "with oem switch".I have yellows on mine .

Just to update. I ended up doing oem to avoid any issues. I just ordered yellow Lamin-x to cover them. I figured this way I get oem quality, the color I want, and some added protection. I will take some pix before and after the laminx and keep y'all posted on the quality of the film. Also got the fogs mounted with my HFP lip and it turned out rather nice.

this is late but last time I talked to Moogen, he sold his car last year i think? But yeah, his projector fogs are badass...I sold my ep3 with them too.

Thread Information