I have a thread yes but my current car is a K swapped 94 coupe. An accident claimed my 05 EP years ago. I used Photobucket to attach all pics... and apparently Photobucket doesnt wanna do things for free anymore so im stuck having to manually D/L all my pics to have them once again.

When i couldnt find a shaft i stopped working on the SC. Seemed a moot point then. My rotors are in the same condition as yours. Needing a recoat. I wanted to get the inner body of the charger ported and coated as well. There are a lot of Mazda Miata owners that have great results with having the body coated as the charger builds a few more psi at the same rpm. More efficiency never hurt anyone, especially when rpm based heat is your enemy.

If i can track down another shaft i would be all over slappin the SC back on the car. I prefer the 2.0 with the charger for reliability versus a high strung NA k24 for daily use.

I actually have two PB accounts, so once i come across the pics for the bypass mods ill find a way to get them to you. In total i opened the butterfly almost 2mm. More importantly though i cleaned up the really rough casting to help with airflow.

My engine build is a bit of a hybrid, k20a3 bottom end with k20a2 pistons, using a k24a1 CRV non LMA head with three lobe cams and rockers from a k20z3. Since there are no LMAs, you flip the pins in the rockers to hold the VTEC rocker in position when the engine is on the low lobe (economy). This also puts one valve in each cylinder on both IN and EX sides on the VTEC lobe all of the time. After a lot of tuning i netted 150lb/ft wtq between 2900 and 4200 rpm. On the dyno it is flat as glass. With my trans ratios, this is perfect for daily driving as i usually three gear the car (1,3,6 or 2,4,6 never going over 4500 rpm. VTEC crossover is 4800 rpm. Max power was 227whp/152wtq (might be 162wtq... cant remember lol) at 8200rpm on a roller dyno.

Imagine 8psi off the charger tossed in the mix...

The purpose of modifying the bypass as i did was to complement my engine build at part throttle during daily driving below 4800 rpm. While the changes are minimal, im sure it would allow for usable TQ out of boost. Anything to maintain those great MPGs!