Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    i rest my case.... ;)

Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR

If the guy likes the wheels, then let him be, I'm sure he understands the weight vs looks vs cost issue. Doesn't everyone?
    my point is that not everyone understands this whole weight vs looks vs cost vs caliper clearance vs offset issue. Yes the wheels look good, but there's more to the story. Isn't part of the value of this site in the education aspect of it? I know I've learned a lot from the guys on here. And I'm not ripping on the dude. The wheels looks fine. Somebody else asked what the wheels weigh, too.

Who knows, maybe the dude will read this, try a set of lighter wheels somewhere down the line, be very happy with the way the car drives, and make a change. If not, he doesn't really care what I think anyway.. so back off.

i think the point people are trying to make is some drivers aren't going to take the same approach to modding cars as others. or have the same motivation for purchasing the EP.

some will want lightweight wheels because they understand the performance aspects. for others, this will be a non-issue.

you should read a page from your own book and learn that not everyone is going to have the same goals for their car as you do.

i'm not flaming, just asking you to try to understand where he's coming from.

Originally posted by Tenacious G
    i'm not flaming, just asking you to try to understand where he's coming from.
    asking where WHO is coming from? The owner of the car? When i was 18 and modding my first car all I cared about was looks. But that's only because I didn't have more information. If I had done more research things would have been different.

I already said the wheels LOOK fine. There's just more to it than that. Funny how the thread starter hasn't been a part of this discussion at all.

Hey man.. did you think about weight when you bought the wheels? Did you care? Did you know to care, or does it even matter to you? Why not a set of those chrome 22inch two piece spinning wheels? j/k

it seems that they only person that really cares and thats getting bent is you.....

ok.. i'm happy now

by the way.. these are my wheels so you can tell me how much they suck.. 16x7.5 just under 15lbs (not SUPER light, but they don't bend and were really cheap)

aight guys the rims are heavy...they weight about 27 pounds..but i did buy them for looks...i know the importance of weight...i am thinking about getting the spoon lightweight rims or the rotas either one in 16s but i got the tsw because i knew i was going to enter the car in a show. but i do still want light weight wheels. I'm going to put my tsw on the shelf for shows only and light weight wheels for everyday...

woah.. 27 lbs? damn.. lol.. for 17's? are those 17's? they weigh 27 lbs.. are you serious? are they made of lead?

heh heh.. we're having fun now

My Tenzo Shu-4's are heavy too. 21 or 19lbs a piece (depending on where you get your info from).
    I'm thinking of getting Rota Subzero's. Anybody tell me their weight? Or recommend some lighter wheels that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Oh and they've gotta be white.

ephatch member
    Nice wheels Hamlet9634... I like simple, strong and light. Like these:

SiNi$t3R
    I like:)

ephatch member
    Or stock looking like these:

those si-r rims are so beautiful........
    i hate you! lol

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    So NorCal - what kind of drop is that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information