Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ephatch member
    nice pics. did they unveil any new concept cars or anything like that? did they have that retro concept mustang car there?

(EP) 2002- A Space Oddity RiceCzechs's Avatar
    Hamlet - No Dodge Razor at the show because that was a concept introduced at the 2002 NAIAS, and by-and-large only current-season concepts make it around, unless they're planning on producing it, which looks regrettably unlikely (particularly in view of the Pontiac Solstice, etc.). The Razor was in fact exactly the type of car I would like to have, save for the fact that I have a son and require at least a minimalist backseat. I was at the D.C. press intro for the car, and it was definitely a winner, interior design and all. Only potential issue being that it was entirely too compromised for most people's needs (which is sort of the reason why I liked it so much - go figure) - no opening rear hatch, no stereo, no spare tire (just those gimmicky scooters which it could've done without). The fact that the SRT-4 has its drivetrain intact in a production vehicle (putting out similar power figures) means that I was mistaken about the driveability and reliability of factory-produced/warranteed setup like that - an error that I'm happy to admit to.

The Razor would've been a perfect low-end niche "halo" car, and would've gone a long way towards establishing the brand as a performance brand. In fact, a mildly worked-over PVO version would've brought mainstream credibility to Dodge's performance arm, as well... it is a shame they can't seem to find a niche for it...
    :'( :'(

Originally posted by RiceCzechs
    [B]Hamlet - No Dodge Razor at the show because that was a concept introduced at the 2002 NAIAS

here is a pic i took of the razor at the 2002 car show

SerbiaSi
    Concepts...

SerbiaSi

SerbiaSi
    Lexus

SerbiaSi
    Mitsubishi...

SerbiaSi
    Mercury

SerbiaSi
    Stang...

SerbiaSi
    Dodge

SerbiaSi
    Dodge...

SerbiaSi
    Infinity

ephatch member
    thats a crazy dodge conept

that dodge concept was a VIPER motor on a motorcycle body.. a V10 on wheels! crazy..

I was overall very upset with the concepts like I said. All huge beastly machines with a pseudo-sport utility feel. And it seemed that people agreed with me.. concepts got very little attention.

the two cars with the biggest crowds? Infiniti G35 coupe and Mazda rx-8.. looks like the japanese sports car is back.

Thumbs up

Sweet pics...thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information