Close

Thread: 17 inch rims

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar

17 inch rims

Ok this lady at work sold her 2000 eclipse....because she blew too many tires.

She said everytime she hit a bump in the road she would get a flat and ruin the tire.

She said she ruined like 6 tires in 2 years.

I guess the dealer told her it was due to have so little rubber on the tire. The tires were low pros.

Is this true that 17 in low pro tires are that easy to pop? Or did the lady just not know how to avoid big pot holes?

Re: 17 inch rims

Originally posted by Zero Three Si
    Ok this lady at work sold her 2000 eclipse....because she blew too many tires.

She said everytime she hit a bump in the road she would get a flat and ruin the tire.

She said she ruined like 6 tires in 2 years.

I guess the dealer told her it was due to have so little rubber on the tire. The tires were low pros.

Is this true that 17 in low pro tires are that easy to pop? Or did the lady just not know how to avoid big pot holes?
    It was probably due to the latter, that she just drove over shit without looking. I myself have had low profile rubber on all of my cars without a single blowout, as I'm sure a ton of ephatchers and car enthusiasts have as well. You just have to be more careful in your daily driving: avoiding potholes, debris on the road, irregularities in the road etc etc

ive never had any problems except for a couple potholes that shook the hwole damn car...

my brother, however, hit something really hard and gave the tire a bruise...ass. im waiting till i come across some extra cash to get some new, thicker ones... these are WAY too thin (about 3.25 inch wheel gap... :X

she was probabaly stupid enough to drive around like an idiot. it is not that easy to get flat or get rims fawked.
    size wise. i went with 215/45/17 . no problems..

no problems here, I feel that the 45 series tire I run with the 215's works well to absorb some of the impact that I might have with pot holes and such.

Thread Information