Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    ephatch member
    Originally posted by redronin22

On the plus side VW interiors own Hondas an their cheap plastic. The Dub just feels like it is screwed together better (perhaps those few xtra $$$$K do go some where?)
    again, thats the initial "quality" and perception that VW has been coasting on for a few years now. well, it seems that reliability and build issues have finally caught up to them, along with an aging model line. sales are down nearly 20%, and the jd powers and consumer reports long term reliablity rankings have been dismal.

go to vwvortex, and you'll find that many owners have been dismayed to find their interior dashboard materials peeling after a few years of ownership. the leather doesn't seem to age too well. squeaks and rattles abound. coilpack, window regulator and MAF issues don't help either. while it may seem that initial quality, fit and finish, are good for volkswagen (as evidenced by their higher scores in initial quality and quality perception surveys), these long-term surveys along with thousands of customer testimonials would seem to indicate that their vehicles aren't holding up in the long term.

redline every shift!!!!!!
    nice car man i dont mind vw, but i must say mainly women drive them . as for that one its nice, and i hope it blows the socks off a stock ep cause it a 2.0 l turbo for godsake. ill put my ep against it with i/h/e. and hope for ur sake u do beat me . i did drive a 1.8 l turbo golf the other night, and i will say it was quick pick up . but every thing else sucked . the shifting was weak, and the handling was horrible. so anyway good luck but i think u payed way to much for a 4 banger hatchback. just becuase it was an anniversery edition

isnt it still a 1.8 turbo? Good thing abou it is hoe a friggin chip can give u like 240 hp =-( my ecu gives me around 10 whp

dude i can't believe all the haters we have in this forum. you guys are all little bitches. like our car is any better? what about all you guys complaining of grinding, squeaky clutches, windows not lining up with the track, body pieces not being flush, fucking gay ass noises coming from your dash, tiny ass rims, tiny brakes, shitty suspension and so on and so on. you guys make me sick. you are all a bunch of fucking newbs. ephatch sucks!!! fuck you guys lates.

redline every shift!!!!!!
    dude i never had a problem with my ep . and what the fuck do u want when u post pics of a new vw on a si forum. you guys need to stop telling everyone what they can and cant fuckin say. its a goddamn forum. if you get that offended about someone writing something u dont like, and that doesnt even apply to you. i feel bad for ur girl and friends. if you posted pics of ur girl u think everyone gonna have somenice to say . i doubt it. its fucking life. peopel dont like the same shit . so deal wit it and stop crying. and no this 20th edition is not a 1.8 l. its a 2.0 l turbo.

ssvr6
    Originally posted by gabesilver02si
    20th edition is not a 1.8 l. its a 2.0 l turbo.
    Not it's not smart guy, it's a 1.8 Turbo. VW doesn't make a 2.0T just a 2.0 and it's not in any current GTi.

As for the comments, it's funny, owners are all "hard core" until their car breaks or whatever and then the car sucks. Well, I'm a hard core AUTOMOTIVE enthusiast and I know what makes a good car.

There is no perfect car, that's for damn sure.

As for this thread, congrats on the purchase, but this idiotic bickering has to end.

Steve

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information