Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ephatch member
    Yeah man, you have my permission to make use of anything I did for the group for the betterment of the group. As long as you're not makin profit off them, (a guy in clubRSX was, so I'm justa little edgy about that)... I mean I'm all for supporting the people who host the site, so if you need a small amount to pay for your hosting of course that's reasonable... I'm kinda worried about ephatch honestly, since they've disabled posting pics... I'm wondering if we might all throw in for a pay per membership... I bet it's pretty expensive running this site. Anyways, yeah, use the pics, I'd be honored to be in a final DIY, especially since you're one pic explaining the 3 LEDs through the bulb hole was killer, hehe, I don't have quite those skills... so maybe you can do a better job with the source photography I took. Best, Bill

a good way to get around the hot spots is to sand the leds with high grit sand paper to make it frosty looking. that helps alot! ;)

Hey Ocelaris, what color scheme gauges do you want? I git the JPG in the email and I wanna know what to do with it. Same for any one else whose interested-I have a full scale gauge scan, so (apparently) I can photochop it to a different color scheme and then print a full size transparency for the gauges. So people, tell me what you want and I'll do it.

Burn out, Don't fade away recognition's Avatar
    Hey AlblueCar, did you see my guage pic in the photochop forum? heres the link http://www.ephatch.com/forum/attachm...&postid=204552
    Spot the difference!:D

ephatch member
    Hey Al Blue Car, I really liked the white text, black background you did, I'm goin for a black and white theme in my car, and just switched the LEDs to white, so that'd go nice :-) Thanks guys, for those less photoshop talented, lol.

When I did that guy's RSX gauges, we needed to do some photoshop work, so he did the photochopping while I did the soldering ;-) goes to show the average person you meet online knows more about it than I!

Very nice take on the gauges, I like the text for the idiot lights and ESPECIALLY the 9000 rpm redline. Very schweet.

So Ocelaris, do you want me to make a black gauge for you? I could do it lickity-split if need be.

ephatch member
    No lickety split necessary, but what I was thinking, is where normally it is black triangles for the turnsignals, brights, and cruise control, could you just make those translucent like the rest of the icons? Then I could just make 1 layer, instead of having to do a black cover of those icons, and a transparency behind it... I have a good picture of the icons if you need them... Best, Bill

Well, here's a preview of what's done. I still gots to remove some little pieces of the gauge and reshape the outline, but this is it now, in bitesize form. It's Called Full Size Gauge Black on White Preview

Burn out, Don't fade away recognition's Avatar
    cool guages Alblue, Looks like my UK guages :D

Heres a link to some pics I took recently of my little blue lights, just put 3 blue leds in the small sunglasses compartment with a switch, looks kool

Still working on the DIY's...
    watch this space -> <-
    Last edited by recognition; 08-14-2003 at 12:38 PM.

great pics

ephatch member
    I'm all over it man :-) Thanks, and I need it, my needles/gauges are starting to get a little busted after taking them apart so many times...

Quick Quick take down your post so I can win :-) j/k, But if this turns out good for me, I'd consider doing your gauge LED swap for ya.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information