Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dealers suck man, they think they can kick you around.....I say, if u still have problems with the dealer write a letter to Honda of America, get names times etc....Also, they should inspect it, its under warranty....

OK i think i have the problem u had.

I shift from 1st to 2nd is fine.

Then i shift from 2nd to 3rd(clutch all the way down and rpms 3-35k), and i get a click/grind feel in the shift knob. I can feel the grinding in the knob, but i really dont get a sound?

3rd to 4th i get a much smaller clicking sound and less feel in the grinding.

4th to 5th fine nothin.

Do i have this problem. I did the break in mile till 1,000(all the shifts were under 3k).

Miles right now is 1452..

BTW my car goes in monday for other issues..If this is the same problem let me know!

Thanks Ephatchers!

I went to my dealer today and spoke to the manager about this tranny problem shit.... the second i told him i had a tranny issue he said.."3rd gear syncros?... and somtimes 2nd gear? lol i said yup thats it.. apparently there is a problem with these k series trannies.. i even heard the 6 speed on the RSX-S has a nasty problems with 2nd...so there you have it....tranny problems?? take that to honda.. faulty tranny!!

STP, what u have is what i have...When i sent it in, the driver who drove my car said, "no i dont hear anything", i told him let me drive, so he sat in it and i drove the car...Then after that i showed him when i shifted above 3K rpm's the sound (crunchy) gets louder....SO the took my car in for about 4 days, they did alot of work that required special parts that had to be ordered.......It was worth it tho, it was very embarassing to shift at 3k+ and hearing this loud scratchy sound as if you grinded your gears...That sucks...People laugh....:(

yeah man i know tell me about it it sucks

tac379
    mine started grinding at 600 miles. i'm pretty sure it was broken before this though b/c at 600 miles was the first time i shifted at higher than 4000 RPMs (very easy break-in). got diagnosed as a defective synchro....now i'm just waiting for the part to arrive to bring it back (they told me to bring it home and just not to shift into 3rd at high rpms....i like that better than a crappy rental or having no car at all). am i wrong to think honda owes me something!? i mean, i bought a car with a defective tranny!

Honda owes you a fixed tranny -- which they're getting for you.

What else do you want? A Pizza Hut coupon?

Originally posted by BarracksSi

I wouldnt mind a pizza hut coupon, im kinda hungry....But in our consumer driven economy, consumers come first, and you have the right choice in your own power to be satisfied...Because if every corporation didnt care about customers they would be out of business because customers would not buy thier products..........Auto Coprs. love to satisfy their customers more than a....umm....ahhhh...Never mind....;)......

But, some customers take that for granted....

PS: If this guy doesnt like the service Honda can give him an "incentive" ( i spelt wrong?) which makes him happy with honda's service...When he is happy with his "Si" he will eventually grow out of it...When he is "2_" for example, he would have a wife/kids (example) thus he will need a family car...Then (what honda wants u to think) he will think, "i loved honda's service/cars, i think i will buy thier car again"...Thats why honda wants to hook people who drive Si's because thier young...I know for some example, i have friends who only drive Ford, Dodge, or even Nissan, because their whole family has driven that brand of autos and found it to be good. So, if you enjoyed your Si in your life, you might want to buy your (2nd lol) minivan for the kids from honda because you enjoyed honda's service/cars....

Wow, big PS i hoped no one gets PS'ed off at my comments....take care guys, ....
    Last edited by TezGari; 08-22-2003 at 08:48 PM.

Originally posted by BarracksSi

LOL. At least they are fixing it with no quetions asked. Tac379 look at some of the problems some people on this board have had trying to get their car fixed.

tac379
    trinispeed: exactly my point. they can just fix it, or they can make me happy. my last car was an audi and it had some issues.....and i won't buy another one (at least not brand new from a dealer) b/c of the awful service and complete lack of customer care from them. things break.....that happens. but if they give me some "incentives" as you said, i'm more apt to remember them helping me out than getting a defective product in 3 years when my lease is up. and yeah, in 3 years i'll be 27 and probably be starting to think family sedans and more likely acuras as well. so it's in their best interest to hook me now than to blow me off and make me more upset.

siver-si: yeah, i'm definitely grateful that they didn't try and pin this on me or something (saying i couldn't drive for instance). i'm going to go back through this whole thread and read every post, which i didn't do before. i've had people at dealers make up parts that were broken and i didn't feel like having to put up a fight or justify myself again this time (at an audi dealer, i was once told that a noise the car was making was from the transmission vacuum blowoff). when dealers deny shit is broken, it's one of the most frustrating things ever. especially if the warranty is nearing it's end. but my point of view is this: i purchased a honda b/c of it's amazing record for longterm reliability. the transmission (a MAJOR component) lasted 600 miles before needing to be overhauled. i can almost guarantee that it was broken from day one, b/c the first time i shifted over 5K RPMs was at 600 miles, and that was first time it started grinding. in my opinion, being delivered a car with a defective tranny is not acceptable, and merely fixing it doesn't cut it for me. i'm not asking for the world here, but i'm saying in exchange for having to bring a car back two weeks after purchasing it to have the tranny overhauled, they should at least give me a couple free oil changes or a discount on some OEM parts, or maybe a free cargo net or something.

if this happened at like 10K miles, i'd think it was just a pain in the ass and be glad they were fixing it and thankful for my warranty. but at 6 HUNDRED miles, they better hook me up with something!

and finally, it's AMAZING what you can get for free if you nicely tell someone that you are dissatisfied. if you bitch and yell and swear, you don't get anything. but customer service folks definitely have the ability to hook you up with free stuff, and if you are super nice to them and they feel your pain and are on your side, they can help you out. "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

Tac...i agree, in this world consumers are an important aspect to all business...But that Pizza hut things got me going........Pizza.......Oh sorry, (ontopic) consumers do one thing, consume, so when they consume they buy, and buy...making the business they buy from grow...I did a paper on International Economics (macro) so i know alot about foreign trade and how it effects both sides (trade partners)...Any one want a paper for Economics? lol...

tac379
    I did a paper on International Economics (macro) so i know alot about foreign trade and how it effects both sides (trade partners)...Any one want a paper for Economics? lol...
    i might need it next week when i start my first year of econ grad school :D

there's a TSB about the grinding gears for the s2000, rsx, and the last si....i bet it's only a matter of time before it's released for this si. until then, if people are getting blown off by one dealer, they should bring it to another. maybe everyone should post the dealer that fixed their car without giving them a hassle.

Yes...I think after a certain number of problems Honda may have a special recall but i doubt it, it doesnt seem to be very big...

YOu want my economics paper, u can have it just put me in your Bibliography....Lol...:D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information