Close

Question Deciding on system----INFO/HELP needed

I guess I'll start off by saying that I am a newbie when it comes to this. I have never done any audio modification before, so I am not really sure where to even begin. I have done a lot of searching these past few hours and gathered as much info as my brain can handle this late at night.

Here is what I am looking at:

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9815

For speakers I think I have decided on the Alpine SPX-177A's

Now here is where all of the questions begin....

I understand that the rear speakers just need to be a filler, but I am planning on removing the rear seats since I have used them two times in the 10 months that I have owned the car. So any recommendations on a rear speaker?

Next onto subs. Basically I am looking for a lot here. However, this will most likely be done down the road, after HU, and speakers. I am looking at 2 15" subs. I know that a lot of you will say that this is overkill, but it's pretty much what I want. My brother used to be into car audio to quite some extent. He worked at numerous places, custom installed everything. He had a '91 civic hatch with 3 15"s and 16 (yes sixteen) 6.5"s. I think it put out somewhere around 151 decibels, somewhere around there. But back to the subs.... 2 15"s installed where the rear seats would be, but like I said, this is down the road in a few months, after everything else. So what would you guys recommend for a very nice hitting sub?

Finally, I know I will need a lot of power for all of this, and this is probably where I will spend most of the money. But basically, I am just looking for an amp for the setup with HU and speakers. Then later down the road, I will worry about doing the amps for the 15"s.

Any help or useful information will be GREATLY appreciated. Price is not really too much of an issue, but I don't want to spend an outrageous amount, but enough for a quality system.

So what do you guys think on all of this? Will the alpine 9815 be sufficient for a head unit, or should I look into something else?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I know jaydub has the Alpine 9815 and he seems to be loving it. You should check with him about it.

Thread Information