Close

Thread: morning drive

Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States

morning drive

I just wanted to say that this morning completely depressed me.

I was driving to work and I saw a white EP driving down the road. Well, I speed up to get next to it and I see this old guy with big cokebottle glasses staring out the windshield with his eyeballs about 6 inches away from the glass. On top of that.. he was driving about 10 MPH under the speedlimit.

The only thing I can think of is that he wanted a minivan and the dealership told him the Si is a compact version of the odyssey.

Almost brought a tear to my eye.

I also saw an old guy driving a 1998 Supra bone stock and a manual. Again, this guy was driving about 5 under the speedlimit.

So depressing.

:'(
    mods:

Stuff

Banned

Re: morning drive

Originally posted by dj addicted

I also saw an old guy driving a 1998 Supra bone stock and a manual. Again, this guy was driving about 5 under the speedlimit.
    So depressing.
    :'(
    next time u see someone like that steal his car and send it my way :)

..would it have made you feel better if they would have been driving like idiots, with the gangsta lean, and APC stickers everywhere:D ;) .....and with the case of the Supra left you in the dust and through on the blinkers. There is a reason insurance gets cheaper as you get older. It is true however that the majority of the time when I see another EP on the road it is driven by an "older" person....guess our car has become the new Buick/Oldsmobile :'( :D

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by teejoh
    ..would it have made you feel better if they would have been driving like idiots, with the gangsta lean, and APC stickers everywhere:D ;) .....and with the case of the Supra left you in the dust and through on the blinkers. There is a reason insurance gets cheaper as you get older. It is true however that the majority of the time when I see another EP on the road it is driven by an "older" person....guess our car has become the new Buick/Oldsmobile :'( :D
    Think of all the NON-ABUSED k20a3 engines will be around in like 2-3 years.

I want to say at least 10 members just from this site have totaled their car.

Hey dont feel bad I followed a white one goin down Gulf to bay in Clearwater and it was a old lady...The funny thing was she had a Stitch bobble head on the dash.:)

Well at least if you want a supra down the road you will know that not everyone dumps the clutch on it. = D

not theirs

It could be that their car was in the shop and they had to borrow their kids car. I was at Strauss the other day, getting gas, and this MILF pulls up in an EVO. I mean by the look she belonged in a Suburban. I was going to the store to get some stuff while they were filling up, and saw her at the check out. Started chit chat, turns out she was driving her 17 year old son's car while her "truck" was in the shop.

Most of the people who drive Si's here are middle aged. I think EP attracted them with the pepy perfomance, versality, and practicality. And how many kids these days know how to drive stick anyway?

I see this one "lady" about 45 yrs old, curly hair and pudgy driving our cars. It also depresses me. Definitely not "representin" the honda community.

HOW YOU DOIN!?!?
    Todays pulling out of Tiffany & Co I saw two ugly and old people driving a silver ep it gets me so mad!

I live my life Turbo Free
    how bout this, think of the 6th gen dx hatch's. most of the ones i see are driven by old-ER(above 30) people. maybe they bought the Si because they wanted a new car, but didnt want a van, or suv. perhaps they wanted something decent on gas(as opposed to most SUV's), small( as opposed to most SUV, and vans). maybe they were considering a wagon, but honda no longer sells wagons, so they settled.

who knows, everyone has theyre own reasons, im only 20, and one of the reasons i traded my coupe for the hatch is cause i wanted the extra practicality of the hatch, and the extra power didnt hurt either!

Originally posted by Zero Three Si
    Think of all the NON-ABUSED k20a3 engines will be around in like 2-3 years.

I want to say at least 10 members just from this site have totaled their car.
    aint no one want the damn k20A3. maybe someday, someone will make cams, pistons rods and stroker kits to make some real power.. after driving my Bseries around for the past few days the Si feels gutless.:'(

Pimpn 1 day @ a time civic si hb's Avatar
    there's 3 ep3's around here,2 of them(1 black amd 1 blue)have 2 much older guys(50 plus years old) and 1 silver ep3 where the lady is in her late 40's or so. it kinda makes me laugh but i figure that'll be me someday driving my NSX at that age ;)

Re: not theirs

Originally posted by blueiedgod
    It could be that their car was in the shop and they had to borrow their kids car. I was at Strauss the other day, getting gas, and this MILF pulls up in an EVO. I mean by the look she belonged in a Suburban. I was going to the store to get some stuff while they were filling up, and saw her at the check out. Started chit chat, turns out she was driving her 17 year old son's car while her "truck" was in the shop.

Most of the people who drive Si's here are middle aged. I think EP attracted them with the pepy perfomance, versality, and practicality. And how many kids these days know how to drive stick anyway?
    yep yep yep, there is some 45 yr old guy and his wife on my street that drive a brand new EVO, :'( , He doens't ever look excited to be driving it nor does his overweight wife, they must think it was a very pricey lancer. Then the other night a silver EP rolls up next to me on the highway, and what do I see, a middle aged man giving me the thumbs up. oh well...

who gives a shit if some old dude or old chick drives an SI or whatever... respect your elders and mind your business. :p

Thread Information