Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    :(

Manning + playoffs = :p
    Vermeil + playoff loss = :'(

So hondata lands you at 6000 rpms now?

and prior to that around 5000? Can we get the exact shift points from somebody?

I know it is a bit to ask, but I was just wondering.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    Vermeil + playoff loss = :'(
    ROFL.....hahahahaaaa....He'll cry regardless. He's such an emotional panzy.:D
    Mel

Originally posted by Dunrick

I cant give you exact shift points, but you'd basically have to beat the stock Si tranny to death to get it to land where where the hondata shift would land if you were just 'normal' shifting.

Originally posted by Dunrick

If I wait to shift until just before fuel cutoff at 7,200 in my bone-stock 2002 Si with the factory ECU, engaging the next gear will bring the motor down to just a bit more than 5,000 rpm.

If you wait to shift until just before fuel cutoff at 8,000+ in the Hondata equipped car, engaging the next gear will land the tach just over 6,000 rpm, because you had an extra 1,000 rpm worth of speed/gearing in your previous gear.

That clear it up any? Be aware that the factory tach isn't the most accurate so what I'm telling you are the INDICATED rpm that I personallly witnessed. In terms of mechanical rpm you'd need the exact gear ratios of the car and some time with a calculator.

Oh yeah, regarding the Chiefs, they have a good chance IF their defense shows up. On any given Sunday crazy stuff can happen, that's for sure. For example, 4 Denver defenders can stand an B.S. with each other while a receiver picks himself up off the ground and walks casually into the endzone.

[Sarcasm]
    Damn, I hate to see that happen to the Broncos...:'(
    [/Sarcasm]
    Last edited by MolonLabe; 01-09-2004 at 06:36 PM.

You don't need a calculator, I have done it many times on the dyno.

Stock cutoff is 6800 rpm.
    Hondata is 7700 rpm.

Indicated is always off.;)

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    ROFL.....hahahahaaaa....He'll cry regardless. He's such an emotional panzy.:D
    Not like Mora, he cries over nothing :D

Thumbs up

Doug and the people at Hondata are awesome. The ECU upgrade for the EP is also a very nice upgrade which will change the car. I loved it when I had my EP.

man u guys are over a year late on the band wagon. haha me and ep3 have had hondata since jan03 =-)
    welcome to the club n happy revvin

Originally posted by MolonLabe
    Wait a minute, a PLASTIC manifold gasket? With the operating temps of these engines I can't help but wonder if that's a good idea or not. I used to have an ex-cop-car Crown Vic and I was on www.crownvic.net for awhile. There was a huge recall when the 4.6 liter V8 first came out, because Ford thought they would try a plastic intake manifold, yes the whole thing, being cheapass like always, and every single one of those intakes cracked from heat stress. It was a huge recall and they were all retrofitted with aluminum intakes. Maybe since this is just a spacer its far away enough from the cylinder head to avoid such problems, or maybe I'm just old fashioned and think things like engines should be made out of metal.

By the way, I am aware of what exactly the Hondata is because I've been seriously considering it myself, but I still tend to think of it as a chip upgrade as opposed to a stand-alone user-programmable system (which they have just released as well).
    the material can with stand the heat...I had one on my previous civic
    http://www.hondata.com/heatshield.html I'm not sure why you think of it as a chip...rather than a standalone...the ecu itself is a standalone..nothing is added, it's a computer, they just reprogram it...do some research...this isn't a domestic car
    www.hondata.com

02silver, thanks for the link. Believe me I am computer savvy, I understand what Honda is and I've talked at length with my local Hondata dealer, Dale Wooderson of ForwardThrust.net (he is excellent to work with and I plan on spending lots of money with him). The PC I'm sitting in front of right now was built from parts by yours truly, so belive me I know that Hondata really isn't a "chip". Its just easier to type "chip" than "non-user-programmable-oem-ecu-fuelmap-and-ignition-timing-altering-reflash". When I think "stand alone" I think of the Motec systems or the other systems that use a laptop to tune the car while it is running, the laptop plugging right in to a port under the dash. Basically, what the new Hondata standalone will look like and do. I think the new user programmable Hondata should be fantastic for the forced induction guys, they will be able to do so much more than simply retarding their timing now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information