Close

ephatch member

DC&HP header help

I'm going to purchase a header, test pipe, and cat back. I have decided to go with a magnaflow catback and the test pipe from ebay. But I'm up in the air on the header I'd like the dc ceramic but I hear the hp is nice to. Question is dc's header worth the extra bill or should I get the hp and test pipe for the same cheese? Also I havent really seen any good pics of the hp for our cars and I'd like to so that I could compare for myself. Thanks for any help.

I would go for DC, no HP here. Friends of mine who got HP in the past said it sucks. Dunno how there stuff is now, but it sucked back then.

between the two I feel they are pretty much the same thing. The one reason the DC costs more is because you are paying for the DC name and cleaner welds

02SilverSiHB has hp header. Top portion.

Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    02SilverSiHB has hp header. Top portion.
    yeah, I have the hp header. I have to admit, I was very wary about buying, as I never heard good things, but only bad things of hp lasting long. Well, my header is over a year old and I've looked at while being under the car numerous times, it's fine and is holding up well. imo, dc and hp are the same, just that the hp is a 4-1, where as dc is a 4-2 design, but how they make it a 4-2 design by that waffer, doesn't really strike me as a big deal...so I went cheap and bought one that works just fine.

ephatch member
    Thanks everyone but does anyone know where to get a pic of hp's header for our car. I think I might just spring for the dc because it sounds like it might be put together better not to mention the ceramic coating. Also the dc should be 4-1 the extra plate in the end has something to do with the tuning of the collector.

This is just what I think when it comes down to a header a 4-1 is a 4-1 and a 4-2 is a 4-2 the price is all in the name thats it so you will be good gains no matter who you go with. The extra money like silversi said is in the name thats it. Go witht the best deal and spend the extra cash on more stuff for your car thats how I feel.

Guys, just opt for the extra hun and get the DC. I have never looked back and regret nothing. The HP header is less expensive and have seen what time will do to them, they peal and flake. I have had my DC ceramic for over 1-1/2 years and it still looks good. Not that looks are what I'm talking about. Never the less, HP and DC are fairly matched in the top end... the one advantage I found with the DC 4-2-1 setup on the A3 is the noticable tq resonance in the 4.5k rpm range that works really well during shifts. This is the normal landing point during shifts on the stock setup. Just my .02 cents.:D

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    I have the HP as well and would recommend it to anyone. It did a lot for my high end. The only thing I did do to it was deburr all the welds on the inside. Other than that, I love it....:D
    Mel

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    Guys, just opt for the extra hun and get the DC. I have never looked back and regret nothing. The HP header is less expensive and have seen what time will do to them, they peal and flake. I have had my DC ceramic for over 1-1/2 years and it still looks good. Not that looks are what I'm talking about. Never the less, HP and DC are fairly matched in the top end... the one advantage I found with the DC 4-2-1 setup on the A3 is the noticable tq resonance in the 4.5k rpm range that works really well during shifts. This is the normal landing point during shifts on the stock setup. Just my .02 cents.:D
    now don't forget when dc's quality worksmen ship went down the tube and the waffer thing came off...I know they were quick to fix it, but you haven't heard of any probs with hp so far on our car...not too mention, I've also heard/seen problems with dc as also with hp...depends on the environment, etc...if I lived were you were at, I'd had bought the dc also.

Well, the thing about that escapade I solved myself by welding the baffle plate with a mig welder (still running with it solid, even after the A2 head) at work when they replaced the first one. I knew what had to be done. While the baffle plate was floppin in the wind and about to chop up my cat, I did not notice any gains from the pseudo 4-1 setup, but then again that's not fair. If I had removed it completely, most of you saw the pics, then dynoed it, a comparison would have been fair. The primaries are almost identical. That said, I think the baffle plate is what is worth it in the end for tq. I still stand by the DC design over the HP. Top end is not something that I had problems with, even before Hondata.

Thread Information