Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    what ya should do is get a used 02 or 03, with a little extra miles and then spend the extra dough on a turbo kit or super charger. you also wanna make sure you get some energy suspension motor mount inserts if you plan on launching it hard at all, i say go for it, but i am a honda guy and driving anything else non honda just feels weird for me.

you ever seen that lego comercial for the crv??? well, thats honda quality for ya... treat it good and it'll treat you good, abuse it, and it'll hate you for it... my car's fallin apart on me right now... i jus hope that it'll all be better after i replace a few parts. if not, im movin on to a bigger better car... one that doenst need an engine swap to make real power... if you do buy an ep, i suggest a used '03 or '04 if you can find it, and jus swap the engine tranny and drivetrain for at least the type-s setup - forget the turbo. get that if the swap isnt good enough for you. and get the five lug conversion and get some real wheels and brakes while you're at it.

I love my EP, sure it's no NSX, but hell I still have problems enough keeping it under 70mph and mines still stock! I dont need any more power than I have..and I've had no problems with it, unless you count the two people who've hit the car...:)

ephatch member
    I wish I didn't get my ep. Not because its a bad car, but I've grown to hate the look of the body. And no, a body kit wont be able to fix it. :'(

Ep3 is great

I like my ep3. It's quick, it's stylish and it's a honda. It' got ample power out of the box, a nice interior(unlike the tin can srt-4). Any imperfections can be fixed just like any other car.

I love my car, yes there are times I wish it was faster, handled better, but that would happen with whatever car I drive. I bought it cause for the $15k I got it for new, there wasnt another car within a few thousnd that I would even consider, plus im a honda nut. If you want to have the fastest car on the road, this isnt for you; but if your looking for a reliable, quick, and nimble car at a VERY affordable price, she's your lady. let us know which car you end up with.

Ep vs. Tahoe

I don't think you can compare Tahoe to an Si. These are completeley different species. I used to have a Suburban, which I belive, is larger than Tahoe, and I loved it because it did what I needed it to do. But for a daily driver/commuter EP is a better vehicle.

If you don't know how to drive stick, don't bother with the Si. I don't want to hear another thread about the crappy tranny. Si has never and hopefully will never have automatic transmission.

If you are expecting to carry more than one passenger on a regular basis, then Si is not a very good choice. It is a very good car at being a small hatchback, with some sport soul. It is not an all out straight racer, but it WILL put a smile on your face going through some twisties.

It is quite capable snow goer with some snow tires, and even stock tires, but it is not 4WD tahoe.

The Si gives good fuel economy, but it is not the most fuel efficent Honda. In spirited driving I may get 25 mpg, in regular driving staying at speed limit and shifting at 3000 rpm I may get 30 mpg. But no more than that. Regular, run of the mill Civic will get 38 mpg, and Hybrid will get 55 mpg and up.

Are you willing to give up the 4WD? the rear doors? the high-road-commanding seating position? The big V8 push-you-in-the-seat torque?

I agree with fsgatorbait, its a well balanced package. Its not particularly great in any one catagory, but its at least very good in all areas. At the prices you are able to buy these cars at now, they represent a great value. I just retired my '91 5.0 mustang with 168,000 miles (kennebell s/c, alum. heads, 3:55 gears, 5spd.) that was my daily driver for 9 years. Still have a black '90 5.0 balanced, blueprinted 306 c.i. 5spd. 31,000 mile garage queen. The si is a blast to drive in a different way. I can't get over how smooth & quiet is at 80 mph. Its no torque monster, but for a 4 banger it pulls strongly from just off idle on up. The brakes & handling are above par. Pretty much everything you would want in a car in this catagory is standard, front side airbags the only option. My last 3 cars were hatches & this feature really adds to the versatility of a car this size. Apparently hatches aren't as popular in this country which may explain the soft sales of the si here. To sum it up, you're gettin' Honda quality & engineering at a Hyundai price!

MY BABE & EP3= ALL I NEED
    Im sorry but there have been so many EP owners downing on our rides lately i cant believe it. It seems like you need to take it easy and think of how much better off you are that you didnt by a Ford...

Re: Your opinion on the EP3

Originally posted by Motore
    Im think of purchasing an EP3
    Can you guy tell me what you think of the car?
    I would be trading my Yukon to buy it so let me know
    (hopefully save some gas)

Let me know
    Thanx
    Do it you woun't be sorry, it's a great ride.

MY BABE & EP3= ALL I NEED
    There ya go steve, thats what i like to hear :winkm:

you'll definitely save on gas. i, too, traded in my gas-guzzling SUV, and now i don't have to cringe when i fill up--$14 vs $35 for about the same range. it doesn't take a calculus scholar to figure out which is better ;).

Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
    Im sorry but there have been so many EP owners downing on our rides lately i cant believe it. It seems like you need to take it easy and think of how much better off you are that you didnt by a Ford...

yeah i have to admit that i am happy with my ep but at the same time there are some issues with this car we cant avoid but talking about sometimes. i mean dont get me wrong the ep is like my 12th or 13th honda, but thinsg like broken engine mounts, shocks and transmissions are weird problems for a honda, especially when i am comparing it to the many others i had, but over all its a great car, i could imagine what the other cars in this class are like, probably falling apart. I have to say tho that if you wanna have any fun at all in this car you have to get motor mount inserts as your first mod to launch her, i know from past hondas the motor mounts werent so flimsy, but hey they are only 17 bux for the inserts so, what ever. get the dam car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information