Close

Thread: can it fit?!

Too many tickets

can it fit?!

well, i finally figured out what im going to do...but when i was at best buy, i heard some 6x9 speakers that were friggin strong (pioneer). i was wondering, i know how our back speaekrs are 6.5 and our front is 5.5 (?) but can a 6x9 fit? like does our speakers have like a metal bracket that we can just remove and squeeze it in there? thanks

i think the rears are more like 6 1/4... 6x9's wont fit unless you're gonna do major custom work. but you can always use the hatch cover...
    fronts will fit 6 1/2's with a slight modification
    Last edited by dofu; 03-16-2004 at 07:36 PM.

IMO 6 1/2 components in the front and 6 1/2 coaxes in the rear
    best setup for the ep hands down. ;)

Too many tickets

cool

cool, okay after some much teaching from oogyboogy, i need to find some nice front speakers. ive decided on 2 way speakers (but which one, 5.5 or 6.5?). also, to get most bass and power, am i supposed to find the speaker that has highest rms and one that covers most frequency (including both low and high)?

go with the bigest fit 6 1/2. the polks are 92db sensitivity the best your gonna find. get your speakers from crutchfield like i said in my pm. :)

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by 03SiGuy
    go with the bigest fit 6 1/2. the polks are 92db sensitivity the best your gonna find. get your speakers from crutchfield like i said in my pm. :)
    Def..Good point Dan. High sensitivity is important. Basically, the higher the sensitivity, the louder they sound with less juice. It means the speakers are more "efficient".

Remember, trust your ears. Personally, I like more highs then most as all the loud tunes I've listened to over the years have caused a little loss of high end hearing. Hit the local shops and listen to just the speakers you are interested in amplified with whatever amount of power you plan on using (make sure that no subs and/or rears are on). Don't forget to bring a CD that you know well and are comfortable with. It'll help you decipher between multiple selections.

Good luck! :D
    Mel

yeah 6x9's wont fit without a ton of work, not really worth it in my opinion. i have blaupunkt p652c's in the rear, they're better then stock definately, but i really really need to put some coaxials in the front because im installing my system tonight and i want to finish it out and get the front done. just dont have the $ :(

imo, i prefer very good tweeters for the highs, both sets of speakers in the car extremely good mids, and the sub for the very low lows (solobaric s7's work a great range while still sounding clear)... your system can be loud, clear and hit hard all at once.

Thread Information