Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't laugh

Originally posted by Omen
    02SilverSiHB has a good write-up, but I want to make a slight correction:

Remove the fill plug before removing the drain plug. This way if there is any reason the fill plug will not come off you aren't stuck with a fluidless tranny. Not likely on a fairly new car like the Si, but better safe than sorry.
    This also helps the old oil drain faster and likely will get more of the dirty oil out because it avoids the vacuum effect that slows the flow when only the drain pug is out.

ive been thinkin of doin mine but just wanted to kno what all u guys would use for new fluid??? Chunky told me he swears by Mobil 1 so i probably will try this and get mine done this weekend. i also need oil change and wanted to kno what all u use for oil also? and btw Chunky said he has heard bad things about royal purple and said to avoid it...

Originally posted by MrCivic03
    ive been thinkin of doin mine but just wanted to kno what all u guys would use for new fluid??? Chunky told me he swears by Mobil 1 so i probably will try this and get mine done this weekend. i also need oil change and wanted to kno what all u use for oil also? and btw Chunky said he has heard bad things about royal purple and said to avoid it...
    I went ahead and used Honda Manual Transmission oil. I've always been told that engine oil isn't the best thing for honda transmissions.

I used to work at a honda dealership. I'm just gonna say i'd use the Honda manual transmission fluid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information