Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Originally posted by FCobra94
    Sorry to hear about your wheels bending man :(

What I'm wondering is, how do Rota's stack up to say, the Volk wheels? I'm strongly thinking about going w/ a set of 16" C8's w/ 205/50/16 tires.

I have 255/45/17 on the Mustang and no problems yet on Cobra R rims, so I'm assuming the roads around here aren't that bad :)
    Get em'...they not only look badass'd on the car but they hold up very well....the fact they're relatively light and cheap is just an added bonus :)

p.s. go w/ the 215 ;)

ephatch member

i have the ssr comps. never a problem.

i am a racer (scca), ssr is a very popular wheels.

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    Originally posted by FCobra94
    Sorry to hear about your wheels bending man :(

What I'm wondering is, how do Rota's stack up to say, the Volk wheels? I'm strongly thinking about going w/ a set of 16" C8's w/ 205/50/16 tires.

I have 255/45/17 on the Mustang and no problems yet on Cobra R rims, so I'm assuming the roads around here aren't that bad :)
    you can't really compare rotas to volks. volk is one of the best japanese wheels you can get that are used in professional racing. SSRs are also used in professional racing as well, but volks are a step above in overall quality. most volk wheels are forged and are fairly to very light. they are also very expensive.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by zum_zum

i have the ssr comps. never a problem.

i am a racer (scca), ssr is a very popular wheels.
    Yes, with the only difference that tracks (pave part of the track, not the grassy part or offtrack scursions) usually don't have speed bumps or potholes the size of moon craters.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by tony speed
    you can't really compare rotas to volks. volk is one of the best japanese wheels you can get that are used in professional racing. SSRs are also used in professional racing as well, but volks are a step above in overall quality. most volk wheels are forged and are fairly to very light. they are also very expensive.
    I agree and must add that my to my understanding SSR are partially forged (whatever that means) and Volks are fully forged wheels.

ephatch member
    That's another reason why I stick with inexpensive but good looking wheels for the road. Forged wheels are strong but are not meant or designed to take the kind of punishment our roads have to offer.

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    the only reason to not used forged wheels on the road are cuase they're expensive. if you're using cast wheels on the road, they'll get damaged more quickly than a forged wheel ever will.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
    Yes, with the only difference that tracks (pave part of the track, not the grassy part or offtrack scursions) usually don't have speed bumps or potholes the size of moon craters.
    then you have no idea what it's like to race wheel to wheel on a track...corner strips, contact, running over debris. it hits just as hard as a pothole.

I live my life Turbo Free
    Originally posted by zum_zum
    then you have no idea what it's like to race wheel to wheel on a track...corner strips, contact, running over debris. it hits just as hard as a pothole.

he he,to quote yourself....

lol, j/p

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    Originally posted by chunky
    why all the knocking on ssr?

volks bend just as easily. in fact, almost any wheel that runs over one of those stone bumps is gonna sustain damage.

that's why if you get bigger wheels with less rubber to isolate them from impact, you should strongly consider a 2pc wheel. If i ever buy 16" wheels or larger, I'll be getting a 2pc wheel for this very reason.

As it stand with 15" wheels and 225/50/15 tires, i've run over some NASTY potholes at highway speed and no damage whatsoever to the wheel.

15's are where it's at.
    I am 100% with you on that one...I love my 15" BBS....I am going to upgrade this sommer to some 16" ROTA's though. with Falken azenis rubber for spirited driving:D

Vendor
    volk wheels are just as bad...their forged mag.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information