Close

Removing adhesive from paint

Some random bitches stuck about a dozen "feminine pads" all over my EP while I was at work. When I got them all off, I noticed that a very sticky but rough adhesive was left on the paint. I tried a polish, but it didnt help remove it. Anybody recommend anything? I would try "Goof Off" but it cracks paint (cracked the paint on one of my former cars). Thanks.

Goo Gone (different from Goof Off, I think?) cleaned off residue from dealer-added adhesive pinstripes and the i-VTEC decals without cracking my paint.

Sometimes I wish girls stayed like they used to be -- not being assholes and causing trouble.

goo gone is your best bet. do not use anything too abrasive, but you can try claybar and whatnot, just be sure to give it a fresh coat of wax afterwards.

are you frickin serious goo off cracks your paint i just ab washed my car in that crap taking off the stuff left over from my pinstripes! i was sure to wash my car directly after. the stuff i have is GOO OFF2 and it says its water based and safe for automobiles. hope this isnt the same stuff

How about lil paint spots (I think they are paint spots)? Or am I just f*ed.

Link to Goo Gone

Link to Goof Off

They're NOT the same thing. Goof Off will attack paint -- it says so RIGHT ON THE CAN. Goo Gone does the waxy, sticky adhesive-type stuff, but pretty much leaves paint alone. I should know, since I used Goo Gone on my car.

i used goo off 2 which is totally dif i think (and hope) because it says it will get bugs off your car and all that ish.

For bugs & tar, I've had good luck with Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover. After one particularly nasty trip, I sprayed that stuff all over the bugs crusted across the front, let it sit for a few minutes, then washed it right off.

Thread Information