Close

Thread: Alpine CDA-9833

Alpine CDA-9833

Hi all,
    my coz and I just installed the Alpine CDA-9833 this weekend. The fitment looks kinda off. I am using the Metra kit from Circuit City. I was not able to use the 4 screws that held the stock headunit in the factory bracket. When I placed the Alpine headunit in the factory bracket, the 4 holes in the bracket did not align with any screw holes on the Alpine headunit so I simply did not use screws. I've read from other posts here that some ppl placed foam under the Alpine headunit and then screw it in. Has anyone experienced this problem with screwing in the alpine headunit?
    Thanks in advance.

in His love,
    HS

ephatch member
    i just had the cda-9827 installed at cc 2 days ago. the fitement is good but the issue i have with mine is the deck points up too much and the sun bleaches out the screen really bad. are you having the same problem?

Yes I have the exact same problem. At first, I was trying to look for a feature to tilt the screen downward in addition to the 4 possible positions facing upward. Ya, I'm not sure what we are going to do about the the sun shining too bright on the screen.

Also, what kinda of material should I use to clean the screen? I don't like having fingerprints on it.

Would ppl who have Metra kits please post pix of their headunit from different angles?

Thanks!

in His love,
    HS

ephatch member
    yeah, as i pulled my car out of the cc garage i saw how bad the screen looked and pulled it right back in because i thought something was wrong :'( . anyways, i use an oakley cloth from my sunglasses to clean the screen off, works really good and 0 scratches, not even small ones. i had alot of trouble posting pics on here before but i can email you some pics no problem, just pm me.

i have the 9815. Fitment sucks with the metra kit, no holes line up, it just chills in there, rattles on every bump, I'm not very happy with it at the moment.

I just realized today as I was driving to work in broad sunlight that there's a noticeable gap between the top of the metra kit and the bottom of the silver dash. The gap is at least 1mm, maybe 2mm thick. I don't remember seeing that gap when we were installing it; maybe my kit is sagging because of the weight of the headunit.

Any pix of other EPs headunit installed with Metra kit?

in His love,
    HS

Originally posted by ravenings
    I just realized today as I was driving to work in broad sunlight that there's a noticeable gap between the top of the metra kit and the bottom of the silver dash. The gap is at least 1mm, maybe 2mm thick. I don't remember seeing that gap when we were installing it; maybe my kit is sagging because of the weight of the headunit.

Any pix of other EPs headunit installed with Metra kit?

in His love,
    HS

that is exactly why im not getting the metra kit..im either going with the best fit one or the american international...they may cost a lil more but to me itll be worth not having some of the problems im hearing about

ephatch member
    do the other kits get rid of the problem with the deck facing up and getting too much sun?

ephatch member
    On Easter Sunday I installed a new Alpine CDA-9825. I did not use a kit and the head unit bolted right up to the factory metal brackets that the factory head unit was held in with. Even used the same factory screws.

Fitment is good with zero rattles and the head unit is mounted very tightly. But by not using an install kit, there are some gaps. I'll post pics soon.

Also, my screen is washed out (as mentioned in other posts above) due to the angle of the head unit in the factory brackets.

Jay
    03 Si

i have the cda 9813 and i have problems with the angle of the deck and the sun shining on it. also there is a little gap below the 9813 and the metra kit. looks like ass. any other kits out there that can fix this?

I just installed a cda-7897 and the fitment sucks! I could only put 2 screws to secure the deck on frame. When the face flips out if touches the top portion of the dash kit.

Im selling my Alpine cda-7897 on ebay anybody interested?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3092888365

Last edited by DARKsiDE; 04-21-2004 at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information