Close

Question Couldn't Pass 4k RPMs

I'm new to ephatch.com, and wow this is a great site compared to others! But on with my question....

I was driving along in 4th gear and was approaching an exit, I take the exit and slow my speed. I begin to downshift into 3rd gear and slow down, as I reaccelerate I notice that car starts to stutter(around 4k rpms)so I slow back down...Wondering whats going wrong? I get back up to 4k and it does the same thing(Ex: As if I was redlining??).
    It was late at night so I couldnt take my car to Honda, and also I was on my way to work. So one thing that sucked was driving about 60-65mph in 5th gear.
    I had a check engine light all night long and into the overnight(I was hoping it would stay on so I could get an engine code when I took it to Honda-But NO it shuts off on the way to Honda....Errrrr!)

So when I'm at Honda.....They say....Probably a misfire or the rev limiter picked up? Dunno why though.....And to say that was the 2nd time that this happened

What could this be? Thanks ephatch members

Oil level is low. I've seen the problem on here before and most of the time, it is because of the oil level.

yeah, you're ECU has gone into limp mode, like GiacA4 said, likely because of low oil levels. try a search for "limp mode" and see what results you get.

I agree with you both. I think it's just a low Oil level. Check your Oil and refill as needed.

The EP3 has been known to take some oil in the begining months.

Thanks for the information, I'm checking that now. My oil was just changed at 5k and I'm at 8k now....Hope its something minor. Oh I did a search, oops....Looks like many people posted the same thing. after thorough reading......Its something minor

Thanks again!:)
    Last edited by 1NasteeEp; 05-06-2004 at 08:32 AM.

if you're car is new, check the oil more than every 5,xxx miles, it will burn some for a while, I think I burned 1/2 qt. every 1500 miles until 8,000-10,000 miles

Thread Information