Close

Question Looking for a good deal on Honda oil filters

Honda oil filters. My dealer charges over $8 each :'( . Where do all of you get yours?

Ebay often has lots of 4 for around $22 shipped

picture me rollin - 2pac toe knee's Avatar
    go with something else, don't buy the honda one...just like fram its a piece of cardboard

What would you reccomend?

who me? buy the one on the site Civicvtec1ps forked over. Why? The person who sells the OEM filters on ebay are made in Canada. There is nothing wrong with it, but I rather buy something that is made in USA than Canada. Support the country in there filters, but not thier cars.

People say OEM filters are made by Fram. Is it true or is it not? It doesn't bother me. I only use OEM oil filters.

You can use HAMP oil filters. I personally have not used them but for what it says, it seems like it would be a good filter to use.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by raiyo
    who me? buy the one on the site Civicvtec1ps forked over. Why? The person who sells the OEM filters on ebay are made in Canada. There is nothing wrong with it, but I rather buy something that is made in USA than Canada. Support the country in there filters, but not thier cars.

People say OEM filters are made by Fram. Is it true or is it not? It doesn't bother me. I only use OEM oil filters.
    Some Honda filters are Frams, others are made by Toyo Roki (or something like that). I forget which part number is which... if you really want to know, try www.bobistheoilguy.com

Mathman.

I like WIX filters they make a quality product imo

I'm using the HAMP (small) filter now. Its a good filter along with Mobil 1. Mobil 1 is pricey and HAMP's are bought by 5's or 10's but it comes out to be like 7-9 bucks. If your looking for something under $8 WIX ain't all that bad.

Mobil 1 makes the best!

According to HAMP filters, the smaller ones can be used to raise oil psi and still maintain good filtering. Here's the description:

"Introducing Japan Honda's aftermarket line of automotive products..."HAMP Synergy". HAMP Synergy are aftermarket products designed by Honda and are a step up from the "Honda Original Parts" products. Not meant to compete with racing products, however, these peices are quality. The HAMP filter can be used on any Honda, but was specifically designed for use in the Type-R and S series cars in mind. Features include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the oil flow and pressure constant. The HAMP oil filter will last longer and filter better than any of the oil filters currently on the market. The new small HAMP filters will give about 5psi more of oil pressure due to its smaller size. There is no loss of filtration or performance with the smaller filter."

Heres a Mobil 1 and a Hamp (Side by side comparison)

We I first got it I thought it wouldn't fit cuz it was so small but it fits perfect and my car feels real good accelerating

Thread Information