Close

aftermarket oil cooler?

Just wondering if any of you guys are running an aftermarket oil cooler? If so where did you get it.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    I'm seriously considering it... I'll let you know what options are available and what I find out....

Eric

Im running an oil cooler and a greddy catch tank, id let you know how they perform but my damn cars not running baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. :'(

Thanks alot. Once you find one let me know how it goes (price, install, etc)
    My spare engine is almost done so I'm looking to get everything all at once, I got basically a free spare si engine and have dumped alot of money in it. I'm looking hopefully to run 15 to 17 pounds of boost. Ive pretty much got everything covered but I have not been able to find a oil cooler. By the way the head is port and polished, lower compression pistons, and a few other things. The way I see it is if I blow it up I still have another engine to play with.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    15-17psi? you could run up to 28psi at stage II. ;)

Hell CN has a Si they tested at 15-16psi on stock internals - and she's still alive and kicking!

Face it - our engines were built with boost in mind... :D

Eric

That is my feeling exactly. I believe these engines can take quite a bit of boost. I just wanted to play it a little more safe on my spare engine. So I went and upgraded alot of the parts. I will probably start at about 16 pounds and work my way up. There is a shop here in town that has kind of given me sponsorship and we are gonna do quite abit of experimenting. So I will let you know what happens. They have a 93 hatch that runs high 9's so hopefully they can help me out. Anyways if you find out about that intercooler let me know. Thanks again.

Thread Information