Close

Turbo and exhausts: thinking of upgrading. . .Need some suggestions

I currently have the RevHard Turbo kit, and I have a Thermal R&D exhaust (2.25" or 2.5" ??). ANyway, its been suggested that I upgrade my exhuast to a 3", obvious gains.

Now, I like my THermal, but I don't think they have a 3" available yet. The exhaust Sticky only has one 3" exhaust listed and its over $600!! Chuck from Showstoppers suggested the Rev Hard test pipe. It does away with the cat and will make the car quite a bit louder, but I don't have to completely do away with the exhaust I have.

I'm thinking that a full 3" exhaust will give me better gains than the test pipe, although Chuck said they gained 10 to 15 horse w/the test pipe.

I'm just curious what other options I might have. . .

Thanks guys and gals.

ephatch member
    You could wait for the Greddy Ti. I believe it is 70mm in diameter. Or you could go with a custom 3" setup from a local muffler shop. JIC magic makes a nice universal muffler, but it is spendy.
    10-15 horse gains sound pretty good. If thats what Chuck says I would go with the test pipe. It shouldn't be too much louder, as the turbo tends to cancel some of the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmwagon
    You could wait for the Greddy Ti. I believe it is 70mm in diameter. Or you could go with a custom 3" setup from a local muffler shop. JIC magic makes a nice universal muffler, but it is spendy.
    10-15 horse gains sound pretty good. If thats what Chuck says I would go with the test pipe. It shouldn't be too much louder, as the turbo tends to cancel some of the noise.
    That's where I'm leaning, I just don't know how I feel about doing away with the cat. THanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmwagon
    Ya man the turbo does tend to cancel some noise. When i drove mine today for the first time with the rev hard kit my exhuast is much quiter i noticed. But i wanna wait for the greddy to come out and thats the choice im gonna be going with exhuast wise!

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    personally... with a new downpipe/testpipe my thermal is doing me great justice. As far as CN kits go I'm putting out higher WHP than any of the other CN owners with a Catback using my thermal (and it's 2.25").

I'm VERY happy with it and it sounds AWSOME with turbo and testpipe...

Eric

Thanks guys, I will probably go with the test pipe. I definitely like my Thermal exhuast also Eric. Always liked the sound, not ricey or fart-can-ish, deep throaty tones.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    this will entice you...

My Thermal with turbo and test pipe. Both sound files were recorded while parked and just revving...

CLICK ME

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by esmith13
    this will entice you...

My Thermal with turbo and test pipe. Both sound files were recorded while parked and just revving...

CLICK ME

Eric
    SWEET!! THose sounded awesome. Yeah, I'm just about convinced to go ahead and keep what I have, and just add the test pipe. Gonna definitely be the least expensive, thanks for the sound waves Eric!!

ephatch member
    Originally posted by Chet
    I just don't know how I feel about doing away with the cat
    Me too. It kinda feels like dumping anti freeze into a storm drain or something.

Originally posted by k20hatch
    i wanna wait for the greddy to come out and thats the choice im gonna be going with exhuast wise!
    I have been waiting for it's release as well. My dad has one for his EVO. It is a cool exhaust and the build quality is superb. The only problem is that the tip terminates about 1/4in short of the bumper. With that cool fire burnt tip it really is a shame. Hopefully the problem gets taken care of for the EP.

Thread Information