Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs down re: King doesn't list it for the EP yet...

...that doesn't mean they don't have it: it's been sitting on my car for months!!!

Re: Re: Suspension

Originally posted by Mugen Power
    King doesn't list it for the EP yet...
    listed under RSX

Thumbs down Re: re: King doesn't list it for the EP yet...

Originally posted by EP3ME
    ...that doesn't mean they don't have it: it's been sitting on my car for months!!!
    I didn't say that there isn't a Mugen one for the EP, just that King doesn't list it under EP like you lead me to believe. Anyway, thanks to eurosteez for pointing out where it is.

Lightbulb ???

I didn't say that there isn't a Mugen one for the EP, just that King doesn't list it under EP like you lead me to believe.

Where did I ever say that King lists it under 'EP'? All I said was that Mugen makes one for our cars and that King sells them.:yellm:

I said that it wasn't listed under the EP at King's site and being that this is a discussion on rear bars for EPs, I only thought it would make sense to look under the Civic section at the King site. There, happy? It's my fault, no need to blow a gasket over this.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    I'll take one RSX type s sway bar please...

Re: Re: Progress rear bar?

Originally posted by Tiger_Si
    dont get the big sway bars without reinforcing the subframe.
    A huge problem with bigger sway bars on Civics is the subframes tearing out. There seems to be a 100% rate of tear outs which can lead to costly repairs/welding.

these pics are not from EP's but they are good examples...

see here, you can see the difference in sway bars. see the bracket with the red bushing that is attack to the frame, OK, thats the frame that can get fucked with that big of a sway bar....
    http://home.earthlink.net/~epyon13/srk/pic01.jpg

if you dont want to reinforce the frame with aftermarket kits, get the comptech swaybar with the tie bar combo, one of the best things made. period

this is the comptech bar + tie combo. see how the tie bar relieves a lot of the stress....

http://home.comcast.net/~caddisj/vortech6.jpg

another one..
    http://www.lakeeffectperformance.com...3/comptech.jpg
    Actually, one of the biggest reasons why the older gen civics had major issues with subframe damage when using larger rear sways was b/c the bars were installed on stock springs. With stock springs, the sway bar was doing a lot more work than if aftermarket springs were installed.

the ep3 doesn't need subframe reinforcements for a larger rear sway. espcially since honda put the 22mm rear sway on the CTR STOCK, which has an identical subframe.

Re: Re: Re: Progress rear bar?

Originally posted by chunky

the ep3 doesn't need subframe reinforcements for a larger rear sway. espcially since honda put the 22mm rear sway on the CTR STOCK, which has an identical subframe.
    this is exactly why I sold my DC Tie bar, its too much bling for me

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by chunky
    Actually, one of the biggest reasons why the older gen civics had major issues with subframe damage when using larger rear sways was b/c the bars were installed on stock springs. With stock springs, the sway bar was doing a lot more work than if aftermarket springs were installed.

I use to have a 97 Civic hatch running Zeal B6 coilovers and 800lb springs in the rear..The st swaybar still tore my rear subframe..

I was all set on getting the progress setup until I saw the geometry of the endlinks...I think I would rather save my money for the Comptech

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe
    I was all set on getting the progress setup until I saw the geometry of the endlinks...I think I would rather save my money for the Comptech
    I love mine :D my comptech that is

I got the Progress setup with Grey's endlinks.

Not everyone breaks the endlinks w/ the Progress 22mm Rear sway. Yes, the geometry is not optimal, and indeed does put more stress on the endlinks (the more they are angled). However, from what I've seen on the DC5 (same bar between the DC5/EP3), there are equally as many people that have not broken their endlinks.

Installation is the key. I've recently watched a friend reinstall his 19mm rear sway w/ no regard to the endlink angle (I had to tell him to move the sway to the side). If you don't pay attention to the angles when you install it (and at the very least, equally distribute the endlink angles) you should not have any problems. Also, it's important to put those two 7/8" clamps that hold the sway bar in place. A friend took those 7/8" clamps off of his Progress sway (after 1 year of having no problems w/ the endlinks) and only then did the endlink break.

I've had the Progress installed on my car as well, and I made sure the endlinks minimally angled as possible. My endlinks are fine, though it wasn't on the car for long because it is too close to my Comptech exhaust. I had insulation on the sway and it melted it off, so I had to take off the sway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information