Close

Low Jack is there a cost?

OK when i get my EP, i am thinkin about low jack because it will drop my insurance like 200 bucks!? but just wonderin if there is a monthly charge for it?

ephatch member
    i dont think there will be monthly charges... my friend got one in his 99-00 si and he never pay a monthly charge for the low jack system.

ephatch member
    it's only a one time fee

JDM Whore
    I heard about those things. I never knew what they did tho. People talk about them, but what do they do? SOrry for the stupid q. Also how much do they go for?

I don't know much about it myself, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the idea of someone being able to pin-point exactly where my car is, whenever they please

from my understanding, lojack is a 1 time fee. Its a little transmitter that they place in yer car, and Im told that even YOU dont know where they put it. I wouldnt be worried bout Lojack tracking you when yer car hasnt been reported stolen, they have better things to do and besides thats what the government and internet are for;) From what Ive heard, its a very effective system and most vehicles are found very quickly. However, this is why I dont have one:
    1) There are a limited # of places in the car that the transmitter can go, and pro thieves know this. So, do you not advertise that you have lojack and let yer car get stolen, or do you put a sticker on as a deterrent and have the thief rummage yer car til they find the transmitter?
    2) Lets face it, eps are not going to be stolen by joyriders or (more commonly) parts that are interchangeable with every other Honda. Thats what regular civics are for and in that sense, we are lucky to have a specialized vehicle. The downside to this is that SOME parts will fit other civics, such as our seats and rims, making our cars a prime target for the ricer black market. So, the point of all this babbling is that by the time lojack kicks in and they find yer car, the thieves have alreday taken what theyre gonna take.

I for one would advocate a knock out gas that was sprayed from the steering column any time someone tried to F with it. Whoah, long post....

This is what they told me at the dealer...

Now a days when they steal a car they take it and park it in a mall or something like that for 24 if the car is still there then they procede to take it to the chop shop. The reason being that lo jack guaratees you that it will find it within 24 hrs. So if the guys take it right away to the chop shop they will get busted not only for that car but of their whole operation.

I think it's worth it. JMO:)

good point, but that assumes that the people yer dealing with are smart enough to do this. Smart criminals can often get away with a lot of stuff, til they get narc'd on by someone they know. There are still a lot of stupid criminals out there. I dunno, I guess its a good investment if theft is a potential threat in yer area.

Hello, my name is... BlackJDMep's Avatar

I got it

I got it. I've had lo jack since I got the car. TRUST me. Its the best thing to get along with a security system.

(Thats if you plan on spending major chips on JDM stuff like kit, rims, interior, ENGINE);)

Can anyone give a price as to how much it costs?

so a one time charge what is it? or is it the charge for the dealership to put it on
    :o

iight, heres da dillyo

when your car is stolen, you call the police with your lojack identity and they track it down.

the thing is tho, you have to actually find that your car is stolen... if you have an alarm, that loud annoying horn should wake you up, but then again, if its at a parking lot or something it ownt help much. besides, i dunno if you notice, but the alarm turns off after like 2 minutes... wtf?

anyway, its a one time charge to install. also, its only like max $50 off insurance... not much.

kinda gay. got charged $600 for it

Thread Information