Close

Question Kenwood Music Keg...or just hook up an I-Pod

Aight guys here's my deal. I'm looking to get a new head unit. Kenwood is what I was looking at. I've found a unit, but the only reasons I'm looking at Kenwood is b/c of their music keg. But I was wondering, you think I'd be better off A)buying an i-pod and hooking it up to the kenwood headunit, B) Getting the kenwood face plate and getting the Kenwood Music Keg C)hooking up an i-pod to the stock head unit or D) Deciding on another brand head unit and the i-pod. (oogh...too many options... :yellm: )
    Any direction and/or suggestions and/or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Oh yea the head unit is the Kenwood KDC-MPV5025
    CD/MP3/WMA receiver...here...

I myself just went with the Kenwood Music Keg, but that was because i got hooked up by my Kenwood rep on a full system. I think there are benefits to both. The ipod will allow you to take it with you, where as the music keg won't but the music keg also has a lot more storage capacity. I am not sure what Kenwood has out right now to interface an ipod to the headunit, but Alpine is or maybe has released a special cable designed specifically for the purpose of adding an ipod to your system.... hope my little bit of rambling helped out a bit

Go with a 20/40 gig I-pod or Gateway Jukebox.

Youll be much happier when you are exercising, on a plane, taking a long trip in someone elses car, or decide to sell your ride.

Ipod is much more transferable and IMO a more intellegant long term purchase.

(also Ipod's red buttons look sweet with our EP's display!!)

But you can get a hook up, thats a different story... but full price vs. full price... hands down: I POD!

Quote Originally Posted by Si3
    Go with a 20/40 gig I-pod or Gateway Jukebox.

Youll be much happier when you are exercising, on a plane, taking a long trip in someone elses car, or decide to sell your ride.

Ipod is much more transferable and IMO a more intellegant long term purchase.

(also Ipod's red buttons look sweet with our EP's display!!)

But you can get a hook up, thats a different story... but full price vs. full price... hands down: I POD!
    Fully agree, I use my iPod almost everyday

Thanks guys. Just wondering what you thought about the receiver I'm entertaining. Any suggestions on others. I've ran the idea by some people at crutchfield.com and they think it's a solid setup.

iPod. Reason? So your HU is still stock. Doesnt attract thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by raiyo
    iPod. Reason? So your HU is still stock. Doesnt attract thieves.
    That's why I hooked up my iPod to the stock head, and it's why I'm really hesitant to go for the Alpine setup when it gets released this fall.

Thread Information