Close

Just installed Pioneer DEHP4000UB..

When I got my car it had some Xplod XM radio headunit with a screen... no cd or anything.. pretty lame and sounded bad.

So I upgraded, to a CD/MP3/IPod headunit like my last car had ( which blew both front speakers ). Anyway, i got the "new" model and when they installed it they wired a already included USB cable to my glove box so I could use my Ipod cable in my car. It says N/A USB on the display and the manual told me to update the software but my pod is already up to date.. or is the mini obsolete now?
    My "older" model pioneer had the ipod cable (the 35.00 or whatever accessory) included so im not sure if that matters or not

I have the DEH5000UB. Very similar to yours. The new Pioneers will only work with the 5th gen Ipods, so nothing older will work in the usb connection except for charging. That model should have an aux input in the back that you can still hook up your Ipod too. I have the Zune so I use the aux input to play audio and the usb for charging or my usb flash media.

Thread Information