Close

ephatch member

those with Nose Bras

How easy is it to take off and on? I only want to put them on when I take a road trip. So I won't get those little rock chips and insects all over the front.

The Half-Mask (hood only) is easy to take on and off. Where as the bumper part is a bitch.... Not worth it only for long trips. But I leave mine on as I kind of like the way it looks.

-PR

It is not that big of a problem, The bumper section is more timely, I wouldn't want to take it off every other day, but it takes about 3-4 mins for the whole thing. Just leave it on ;)

I've had bras in the past. Take my word for it; if you use it a lot it will cause about as much damage as it does protect. And they are major pain in the ass. You can't just take them on/off as you please. the car has to be washed and dried first. Then dirt gets down there and scratches the paint, etc, etc. If moisture/rain gets down there regularly (and you don't take care of it) the paint will haze.

What I did this time around was get a "clear bra". It's basically an optically clear layer of acrylic (hence the reason why you can't see it). The clear bra covers almost HALF the hood, front part of the side fenders, the front bumper, front part of the mirrors, rear edge of doors, and I had a piece made for the rear bumper as well (so it doesn't get scraped sliding things in and out of the hatch). I'm also getting this applied to the headlights so they don't get "pocked" with rock chips too--but the
    Last edited by natesi; 11-22-2002 at 07:25 PM.

Originally posted by natesi

Here's a pic of my car. See if you can find the bra:

note the side moldings too....

he he

The side moldings are reminders of my 99 hatch. Kinda make
    the K20 look old. jmo but they will probably pay for themselves nicely.

Thread Information