Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    ur face is ahead of its time.

I agree, I always thought wagon was better than saying "4-door hatch" thats an oxymoron.

Instead of saying 2-door or 4-door hatch I've always used 3-door and 5-door, respectively. Is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by givemeanswers View Post
    I agree, I always thought wagon was better than saying "4-door hatch" thats an oxymoron.
    give it to em'

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaZOMG!!
    ur face is ahead of its time.

Banned
    Hatches FTW!!!

This is my 3rd hatch, I have 2 hatches back in poland: An Eg and a Peugeot 206!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    like people learned to love the pontiac aztec?

not to mention the ms3 and sti are wagons.

2 door = hatch. 4 door = wagon.
    yea that brotha...MS3 is a beast of a wagon tho thats for sure!...new suby looks like poo...EP is just sexy! although around the CALI OC area they are becoming way too common, if they start to get as common as rsx' im just gonna trade up and get a type S...

5 door or 3 door...
    The terms are fucked because wagon is a more specific way of saying hatchback

hatchback means, no trunk, there is a hatch where the trunk is and it opens to the rest of the car.
    RSX, integra, crx, focus blah blah, all hatchbacks.
    Wagons are when the space in the hatch is located primarily behind the rear wheels instead of on top of the wheels or in front of them.

If anything, the ep was the last of a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    If anything, the ep was the last of a dying breed.
    Still plenty of hatches around.

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaZOMG!! View Post
    Still plenty of hatches around.
    yah Replica, im right there with ya on that one, wtf are these people talking about...last time i checked i see a mk 5 golf/gti, and/or focus whenever i hit the roads...i dont usually see an ep...

you all realize the first si hatch was a continuation of the 3rd gen civic (84-87)which was designed to compete with the most popular hatch at the time right!? that was the vw rabbit/gti

sooo...yah, the modern civic hatc as you know it was born to compete with the vw hatch which was the rabbit (which became the golf, and the gti is a golf, dont be stupid)

soooo...civic hatch, didnt start shit, it was just a rust bucket economy car until vw kicked honda in the ass to get a move on...

as much as you guys (myself included) love the ep, its not a revolutionary car, it was a great bang for the buck, especially as a type r, but thats about it...faster than the old civics sure, but w/e...

the ep design wasnt even revolutionary (though a huge departure from the ek), its a great design, especially with the proper type r body parts (thats how it was designed to look originally, not what we got in the US), but i should mention a lot of the body lines and elements that make up the design are based largely on the first si, and the early civics as a whole...not only this but it leans heavily on the design trends of the civic since the 1st gen...

i love my ep, i love the design, because it was well made, well engineered and well designed...but i dont think its revolutionary....

OK wait...i will give it this, the only thing it did was force the civic to be a nicer car, but thats because of the design that went into the stylings and material choices, thats it, but it didnt impact the car world, just honda...
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 05-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

the mini cooper is my favorite hatch of all time. the ep3 was a fun car, but grew old rather quickly. If I was more into modding and doing engine swaps, and had the time and skills to handle it all, I'd probably enjoy the ep3. But come on, it's not revolutionary one bit. Well, maybe the 2nd gear grind started a revolution for all future hondas, but I wouldnt write that off as a positive thing.

I understand that the Civic hatch was poised to dethrone the old mid 80's golf, however, VW still makes their hatch. When is the next time honda will release another hatch to compete in the sport compact world?

My guess is never. There won't be another car to resemble the orginal civic which is what makes it the last of a dying breed.

ur face is a hatch

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaZOMG!! View Post
    ur face is a hatch
    my face is a hatch for these

LOL this thread is pointless... I bet there are thousands of threads like this on other hatch forums (not civic so calm everyone down).

It's funny how most of the people make such bad remarks about it when they themselves own one. I think its an awesome car regardless cause I got it for a damn good price and is a very sturdy car.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information