Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They should work fine. One step colder than stock.

Can I ask a seemingly simple question?

If the stock k24a2 asked for an ik20, would it beneifit to go one step colder just because ?

NEVER MIND! FOUND THE ANSWER ON the INTRANET!

"Do I need a colder spark plug? A rule of thumb is one heat range colder for every 75–100hp you increase. In identical spark plug types, the difference from one full heat range to the next is the ability to remove 70°C to 100°C from the combustion chamber. The heat range numbers used by spark plug manufacturers are not universal, so a 10 heat range in Champion is not the same as a 10 heat range in NGK or in Autolite. When making the decision to change the heat range of your plugs, it is a wise idea to make changes in 1 heat range increments, checking all your plugs for suitability during your test. Vehicle modifications during the test phase of your plugs is not recommended as this may skew your results."
    Last edited by chubbychu; 05-08-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Quote Originally Posted by plainol2k2si View Post

If the stock k24a2 asked for an ik20, would it beneifit to go one step colder just because ?

"Do I need a colder spark plug? A rule of thumb is one heat range colder for every 75–100hp you increase. In identical spark plug types, the difference from one full heat range to the next is the ability to remove 70°C to 100°C from the combustion chamber. The heat range numbers used by spark plug manufacturers are not universal, so a 10 heat range in Champion is not the same as a 10 heat range in NGK or in Autolite. When making the decision to change the heat range of your plugs, it is a wise idea to make changes in 1 heat range increments, checking all your plugs for suitability during your test. Vehicle modifications during the test phase of your plugs is not recommended as this may skew your results."
    Thats some usefull info

10.80@138 mph
    Quote Originally Posted by plainol2k2si View Post

Rule of thumb doesnt always apply as I would have to use a 12 heat range NGK plug if that were true.

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
    Rule of thumb doesnt always apply as I would have to use a 12 heat range NGK plug if that were true.
    WOW! you must have a billion hamster-powers.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
    have you tried a 12 heat range NGK plug?

10.80@138 mph
    Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    have you tried a 12 heat range NGK plug?
    No never, I dont even think NGK makes them that cold. Evans told me to run an 8 at ~450whp and a 9 at ~650whp and have been doing so ever since my tune. I have a k20a2

whats the part number for the ngks one step colder?? k20a3

Quote Originally Posted by boliviasi View Post
    whats the part number for the ngks one step colder?? k20a3
    NGK-BKR7EIX-11 i ordered these! they are the stock rsx type s ones which is 1 step colder than ours

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    NGK-BKR7EIX-11 i ordered these! they are the stock rsx type s ones which is 1 step colder than ours
    thanks bro

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    Ngk ....ftw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information