Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What actually cuases a piston to hit the head? Do you think it was cuased by the valve adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by ep_si03 View Post
    I did a valve adjustment. I started the car up and I was getting a loud ticking noise when I pressed the gas. So I got fedup and took the car to honda to get it done right. Well they told me the problem is the piston hitting the head and I need a new engine; the said they can tear down the engine and if the part is under warranty they'll replace it and if not I'll get charged $500!! My car has always made a wierd ticking noise just not that loud. So do you think I could of cuased it?!?!? My car is preowned certified and bone stock. I was also quoted $4500 for an engine with 30,000 plus install.
    unless you kow someone on the inside, I wouldn't get it from Honda. My cousin blew my engine and to make a long story short, insurance covered it and the only thing they could find was used w/ 28K for 4600. My cousin paid he deductable so i didn't come out of pocket

i just bought an a3 with 22k for $500, why would people even think about paying a ridiculous price for a k20a3?

Is $500 comon for a a3 motor under 30,000?

Quote Originally Posted by ep_si03 View Post
    Is $500 comon for a a3 motor under 30,000?
    I'd think not. But it depends what your getting, sometimes it's sold with a trans, ecu, accessories etc.

If it's just the block, maybe. After you take it to the mechanic, see what he thinks it needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information