Close

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pynikal View Post
    what is this RBB you speak of??
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    TSX
    That's correct. The runners bend down instead of sticking straight out like the RBC. Here's a picture.

I'd like to run an airbox for the swap that I'm planning, but since it has that angle at the throttle body, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to use the stock airbox elbow. Do you know an elbow that would work, Davis?

is it a part of the intake manifold??

No, it's that thick hose that goes from the manifold to the airbox. You can remove it from both pieces.

Thats kinda tricky...maybe take a look at a tsx air box and see if it would fit? At that point though it is almost worth just going aftermarket...

I'd like to use some airbox (stock or aftermarket) since I don't want the heatsoak of an SRI or the threat of hydrolock from the CAI. The TSX airbox doesn't look like it would fit, and if you were able to put it where our stock airbox is, you'd run into the same issues. Here's a better picture:

I've thought about going to a dealership to just at various engine bays and their elbows. I guess you could take a TSX elbow and cut it, but I'd rather have a complete piece.

Man it sucks not having all the old write ups anymore, this may be a repeated questing but the k24a1 doesnt require the coolant mod to put on a rbc i.m does it? And is anybody having problems with the DCRH knocking on the sway?

Kodeen I really don't think you are going to find a just plain old one piece elbow...it will take some custom fabbing.

nhbp- You have to cut the rbc since the k24a1 head does not have the coolant port. I have done 3 k24a1 swaps now and all of them have had the type s dcrh and none have knocked.

O ok no prob just 1 more thing on the list to do for the swap, mainly that, crv mount, 330's from the rsx and DCRH to at least get her running. Does anybody happen to have the diy saved for the coolant port mod?

Quote Originally Posted by 02nhbpep3 View Post
    O ok no prob just 1 more thing on the list to do for the swap, mainly that, crv mount, 330's from the rsx and DCRH to at least get her running. Does anybody happen to have the diy saved for the coolant port mod?
    You don't have to do the coolant port mod if it is a k24a1.

so as far as intake and exhaust mani's i need to use the DCRH from the type-s, and either the stock intake mani or can i use this one??
    http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/EP3AIIM.html
    and for injectors the type-s 330s, crv passenger mount, and k-pro (optional)

am i missing anything from this list besides the motor?!?!?

Let me make a quick note about the optional kpro issue. Running the ep3 ecu and 310cc injectors is for a completely stock motor. You would have to remove the front sway and run your stock header and cat. The header is going to help to get more fuel out of the cylinders and not be reused. Hence it might run lean. Everyone seems to want to push the envelope on this optional kpro thing. If you don't have kpro then you don't put on bolt ons

Let me make a quick note about the optional kpro issue. Running the ep3 ecu and 310cc injectors is for a completely stock motor. You would have to remove the front sway and run your stock header and cat. The header is going to help to get more fuel out of the cylinders and not be reused. Hence it might run lean. Everyone seems to want to push the envelope on this optional kpro thing. If you don't have kpro then you don't put on bolt ons
    I can confirm this. GET KPRO!!

nhbp- You have to cut the rbc since the k24a1 head does not have the coolant port.
    A couple days ago you said I did have to mod the intake mani.

Quote Originally Posted by 02nhbpep3 View Post
    A couple days ago you said I did have to mod the intake mani.
    The head does not have the coolant port. The rbc is designed for a head with a coolant port. That portion of the rbc has to be cut off. Reread what you qouted me on. The coolant port mod is when you tap into the head and reroute the coolant back into the system so it doens't overheat. Used on alot of the better heads.
    Last edited by davisj3537; 06-06-2008 at 10:06 AM.

so with bolt on i NEED k-pro. so ill add that to the list.

thanks for the info. im sure ill have more questions as the time grows closer.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information