Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: powerchamber

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    Spoon uses gutted stock airboxes on most of their race cars. What more do you need to know.

Wouldn't it be funny if we found out that a gutted stock airbox gives you the most gains?

For those with SRI and CAI, good luck avoiding hydrolock.
    ya princess i think you are confused and i didnt correct you in another thread cuz i thought it was a typo...SRI routes the filter over the transmission and it sits high up in the engine bay and sucks hot air, the v2 is a lil better cuz it turns down closer to the wheel well but its still hot in thur...the CAI routes down under the battery tray and into the little open space in the bumper infront of the driverside wheel, it sucks LOTS of fresh air, but the issue is that people submerge the front of their cars in deep puddles and suck up water...

before the great fire of '08 there was a few threads testing the results of the gutted airboxes, yes i know you love your gutted airbox, but it doesnt get close to the results of a cai, also there was a member who did temperature tests and found that the stock airbox soaked up A LOT more heat consistently than the other intakes, i think it was in summer the sri had hotter air but in the winter the airbox was hotter, or it was hot all the time, i dont remember...the reason spoon probably runs the gutted airboxes is for reliability or a smoother power curve or something, but im sure it has to do with the fact spoon builds their cars for endurance...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

~the more you know~

added mine to my supercharged setup, after further tuning it added power to the low end and throttle response but bought power down 2-5 in the top.

mind you we didn't let the car cool down over 5 consecutive runs

EDIT: Over my V2 i had before.
    Last edited by A-Dev; 06-16-2008 at 02:08 PM.

sexy install job i wonder who did it? haha jking i love the whole new face lift and engine lift you can say!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information