Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psi

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    nigga there aint no such thing as a psi rating

a 16g mitsu turbo is gonna flow alot less than a gt50r

its the whp rating you should be concerned about the stock a3 is weak

the first hing you need to do is tell us what turbo you plan on running and we can give you a better answer

or you can bring the car down to my shop and ill build it
    this guys is right

Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    please keep it n/a untill you actualy know something about what your asking, to answer your question 250-300whp before the engine blows. and do us all a favor before you post something else dumb, read as many articles as you can about how a turbo actualy works and maybe next time you wont have to post

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    psi does mean shit....run 11 psi on a stock map sensor..........tell me what happens.....you live and you learn ill reply to this dudes question if he wants to know....knowledge is power! you are true but psi does matter also

psi doesnt mean shit what are you smoking

what your talking about is how it reads it on the fuel values for the different vaccum columns in the tune

when one turbo make 300whp @10 psi a much smaller turbo will have to push 15 psi to make that

its about whp rating ,cfms and the flow at a certain psi level
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

psi does mean shit....run 11 psi on a stock map sensor..........tell me what happens.....you live and you learn ill reply to this dudes question if he wants to know....knowledge is power! you are true but psi does matter also
    that has nothing to do with blowing up the engine by making to much power, which is what the thread starter was asking. that is just something he would have figured out through research

what your talking about is how it reads it on the fuel values for the different vaccum columns in the tune

when one turbo make 300whp @10 psi a much smaller turbo will have to push 15 psi to make that

Very true indeed.. datalogging is key.. You need raw data to determine when and if your cars gonna blow up. Not a boost gauge.

ephatch member
    PSI IS IRRELEVANT.

You should focus more on power limits of the K20A3.

Since the A3 isn't as capable as the other K's, just stick with a lower A/R turbine housing turbo and shoot for a solid power band.

oooooooooo..never new that...thanks now i know.....fico ma bad!

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    you were owned by weltall. how do you feel. make sure you dont blow your newly turbod car. but by thinking psi matters as much as you think im sure you wont blow it

Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    you were owned by weltall. how do you feel. make sure you dont blow your newly turbod car. but by thinking psi matters as much as you think im sure you wont blow it
    lol hahaha i feel sad sike nah i rather get owned by weltall! he knows his shit! im glad he corected ma ass! i wont blow my shit as long as i got helpful knowlegable people like weltall coaching me on what to do and what not to do. but i dont plan on pushing the car too its limits so hopefully it wont blow!but ya never know

i got what you were saying, even if nobody else did.

something that needs to be corrected is: the stock map sensor will read up to 11.3 psi.

pretty much what your saying is:

"if your a fuckin retard and boost(PSI) more than the stock map sensor can read, you will lean out causing detonation which will result in: engine= FUCT"

right?

yes! exacty what i meant!

just remember the only place psi matters in in the different vaccum columns when tuning the fuel values since at every extra pound the cfms change drastically
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information