Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anybody know about the venom 400???

im looking to get the most out of my engine on a budge...for now, i have minimum engine mods done...exaust and intake. i dont have the desire to spend the fortune on k-pro (im broke), and i was wondering if anybody has or knows about the venom 400 system?

ephatch member
    just get the hondata reflash. No one on here would put that on their car. You can always upgrade from the reflash to k-pro later on for $500

should i get all of my mods done before i reflash, or doesnt it matter?

I prefer the Carnage system.

ephatch member
    it's up to you. I would go reflash first, then the mods. Only because once you finish with i/h/e you will want more and then all you have to do is upgrade to k-pro. But I know I got my k-pro for 859 with return shipping. So had I got the reflash first and then upgraded to k-pro I would have essentially forked out another $200 in the end.

thanks...i just dont want to fork out a metric shit ton of cash. what about e-manage? any word of advice on that????

can i get reflashed at any dealer???

ephatch member
    you can buy the reflash from a lot of vendors, but most if not all require you to ship the reflash to Hondata in SoCal

you can get a reflash from any dealer as long as you know they are autherized to sell hondata stuff

Yeah Hondata is expensive but it's worth it if you depend on doing major mods to your car. If you only plan on bolt ons then go with the Hondata Reflash.

Speaking from experience, do it right the first time, or spend more money in the long run fixing problems. Not to be harsh, but if you can't afford it then just simply don't mod.

The reason there are so many Hondata fanatics on this board is because it's tried and proven. E-manage will work but you're still looking at a similar price to the reflash. Your best bet is to wait around for the Christmas specials that vendors have, I picked up K-Pro for around $720 and some change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanz0r View Post
    Yeah Hondata is expensive but it's worth it if you depend on doing major mods to your car. If you only plan on bolt ons then go with the Hondata Reflash.

Speaking from experience, do it right the first time, or spend more money in the long run fixing problems. Not to be harsh, but if you can't afford it then just simply don't mod.

The reason there are so many Hondata fanatics on this board is because it's tried and proven. E-manage will work but you're still looking at a similar price to the reflash. Your best bet is to wait around for the Christmas specials that vendors have, I picked up K-Pro for around $720 and some change.
    $720 for K-pro... I wish I can find it for that price

guess im just gonna have to break down and spend some cash...i want to get the most out of my engine. plus i do plan on doing a lot of mods in the near future, looking to drop about 5g's in N.A. parts and whatnot.

how much horsepower are you wanting eventually? throwing that kind of money on NA seems a little much, imo.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

ephatch member
    especially 5g's on the a3 is a waste. It would be better to go the k20a2, k24a2, or a k20/24 frank. Then build those a bit. Better money spent especially if you do all your own work.

I would stay away from that venom scam. I know for a fact that, it does NOT work at all. Couple years back, my buddy put that in his civic and didint feel a thing. Also a guy at work bought it for his mustang gt and claims that didint do anything for his car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information