Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah the search feature sucked for this DIY. I see you have some allen bolts in the pic Doug. Looks like you replaced the slotted OEM bolts im assuming? Any info on what size/pitch they are?

I just installed the PRC and now my IAC is acting up. Idle is up to 1100 at times... and rarely dropping to normal after the car warms up. I DIDNT install a new TB gasket (it wasnt torn or damaged in any way, the TB just popped off the PRB with gasket intact)... so im thinking i probably have a slight vacuum leak there. It didnt do it at first, so its probably just popped up because of a few heating cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Yeah the search feature sucked for this DIY. I see you have some allen bolts in the pic Doug. Looks like you replaced the slotted OEM bolts im assuming? Any info on what size/pitch they are?

I just installed the PRC and now my IAC is acting up. Idle is up to 1100 at times... and rarely dropping to normal after the car warms up. I DIDNT install a new TB gasket (it wasnt torn or damaged in any way, the TB just popped off the PRB with gasket intact)... so im thinking i probably have a slight vacuum leak there. It didnt do it at first, so its probably just popped up because of a few heating cycles.
    So did you get that little issue worked out?

Nope havent been outside yet. LOL I heard it start raining last night so i didnt even try to get started on it. Once the wife gets back with the FG ill be able to run and pickup some new fasteners. I HATE flathead screws as much as asparagus coated in castor oil. Call me anal but IDK. haha :tehehe:

one step that i would add to this (since you do need to take off your tb to do this) is once you get everything back together and the coolant lines on dont forget to run the car for a little with the rad cap off so that you can get the bubbles out from when you took the lines off the iac

Did this today. Awesome DIY writeup and not too hard at all. Took about 2 hours to take it all apart and clean it.... bout 20 min to put it all back together. Idle is back to normal and car runs super sweet now. Thanks!!!

Nope havent been outside yet. LOL I heard it start raining last night so i didnt even try to get started on it. Once the wife gets back with the FG ill be able to run and pickup some new fasteners. I HATE flathead screws as much as asparagus coated in castor oil. Call me anal but IDK. haha :tehehe:
    Did you just say you like Anal.... LOL.... Get that shyt fixed man. And my bad for Jinxing you! Lemme know if anything is goin on tonight.

cleaning didnt work for me so I bought a new one and received it yesterday and will install this weekend when I do my coolant flush.

I have had the heater section disconnected for years now, never had an issue all the way down to -10 degrees F as a DD.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ephatch member
    do i need to get a new gasket or just use the old one...??

As long as the rubber gasket is intact it should be re-useable.

I HATE flathead screws as much as asparagus coated in castor oil. Call me anal but IDK. haha :tehehe:

Usually for these smaller size screws and bolts I buy a bunch of long screws at a time. I then use a cutter and grinder to "fab" shorter ones, that way I always have the right length for the job. I go to a actual fastner wharehouse and there is a far wider choice. I prefer a SS allen screws for the TB area, cleans it up and wont corrode down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    heh

Yeah i have a ton of 3mm and smaller from all of my R/C crap. Unfortunately the screws the IACV needs are m4 and m5... so nothing i had fit!! I found some at Lowes using a 7 and 8 mm socket for refitting. It will have to do for now. Im sure i will have to take it off sometime in the future, and hopefully i can source me some nice anoe'd Ti fasteners. Id eventually like to do them throughout the engine bay on all unstressed applications.

mcmaster-carr for your hardware

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    mcmaster-carr for your hardware
    Ill look into them for sure!

Also... there is something to be said of Honda's over engineering of the TB gasket. I have never, in my life, cussed as much while working on something so inconsequential as i did while removing that damned gasket. I ended up taking the TB all apart except the TPS sensor (if i knew how to set it i would have drilled them damn rivets out in a heartbeat). I ended up wet sanding the gasket area of the TB after gasket removal to clean up any marks i made during the intrusive event.

Halfway through this debacle i seriously considered ordering a new TB just to call it a day. I finally got mine fixed, the IACV cleaned and spinnin like Marylin Monroe over a hot street vent. Even though i removed the cable bracket w/o changing the cables adjustments... i still needed to adjust the throttle and cruise cables once everything was put back together.

With that said... THIS IS WORTH THE WORK! My EP now idles smooth as hell... watching the RPM's on KPro they stay hella stable within +/-50rpm of 800.

Anyone have a spare TB so i can send mine off to Maxbore?

I Just got mines today... CANT WAIT to get it in after work and reset the idle. $258 was a lot for this little part though. :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information