Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    OG Lurker
    They aren't, apparently aftermarket springs tend to sag even faster than OEM over time.

As for reliability, I found nobody on this forum who complained about H&R springs sagging so that's what I bought.

Thats not true. I have seen many people that took pics of their cars right after they got their springs, and the gap in the front is bigger than the gap in the rear.

Here are some specs copied from the spring/drop rate post. You can see that many of them drop the rear more than the front.

Eibach Pro-kit: Spring Rate: (15-20% more than stock) - Drop: (1in Front/1.1in rear)
    Eibach Sportline: Spring Rate: (20-25% more than stock) - Drop: (1.4in Front/1.5in Rear)
    H&R Sport: Spring Rate: (25-30% more than stock) - Drop: (2in all around)
    Neupseed Race: Spring Rate: (200 Front/280 Rear) - Drop: (2in all around)
    Neupseed Sport: Spring Rate: (200 Front/280 Rear) - Drop: (1.5in Front/1.5in Rear)
    Progress: Spring Rate: (280 Front/500 Rear) - Drop: (1.8in Front/1.5in Rear)
    Sprint: Spring Rate: (20-25% more than stock) - Drop: (2in all around)
    Spoon Progressive: Spring Rate: (413 Front / 458 Rear) - Drop: (1.5-1.7in all around)
    Tanabe df210: Spring Rate: (10-15% more than stock) Drop: (2in Front/2.3in Rear)
    Tanabe nf210: Spring Rate: (10-15% more than stock) Drop: (1.5in all around)
    Tanabe gf210: Spring Rate: (20-30% more than stock) Drop: (1.3in Front/1.5in Rear)
    Tein H Tech: Spring Rate: (257 Front/476 Rear) Drop: (.8in Front/.7in Rear)
    Tein S Tech: Spring Rate: (280 Front/515 Rear) Drop: (1.4in Front/1.3in Rear)

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsendoh View Post
    Thats not true. I have seen many people that took pics of their cars right after they got their springs, and the gap in the front is bigger than the gap in the rear.
    ...and then again there are many people who have nice even drops as you can plainly see by their PICS ON THIS SITE...

Do a search, many people on this forum have verified spring sag and so far as I have read here, you are the only one spouting that it is NOT true. So who are you again that we should think you know what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    i have tein ss-p rebuild by selex in montreal.....selex shocks r sooooooo nice, as the damping is self adjusting based on the vehicles speed. such a wondrous ride.....

i am also wondering how this is done

Banned
    you mean..most reliable driver??

OG Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEP9 View Post
    ...and then again there are many people who have nice even drops as you can plainly see by their PICS ON THIS SITE...

Do a search, many people on this forum have verified spring sag and so far as I have read here, you are the only one spouting that it is NOT true. So who are you again that we should think you know what you are talking about?
    I think you misread my post. I was responding to your original response to my question on why some companies drop the rear more than the front out of the box I'm not doubting you that springs sag at all. So no need whine about anyone disagreeing with you there. Did i hit a nerve?

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have seen cars in person right after installing springs, and its pretty common for the gap in the front to be slightly bigger than the gap in the rear. This is a known issue and is reinforced by those droprates that another member posted. Do a search, this has also been covered many times.

Regardless of that issue, the cheap coils or wannabenamebrand Neuspeed springs are known the have the worst sagging issues and even deform after about a year or so.
    Last edited by WhiteComet; 07-23-2008 at 03:28 AM.

no one like tein ss-p for dd?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information