Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    and why is it such a secret lol

im saying maybe ephatch could use the same servers all the other sites use bc they are never down
    its not a secret - they chose to remain anonomous (sp) so i am keeping a promise that i made. its not my information to give out or my place. if they choose to announce it then its up to them. i am here to service the ephatch community and do what i can to keep the forum's clean and organized... not to put peoples information out on the internetz. lol

chris dye did not divulge his server host information so i wouldnt know who he uses. if anyone knows or would like to find out, by all means you can ask. right now we are tied to the year contract but i found out that our account was upgraded further to avoid the overages we were experiencing. they are looking into our peak times and the server performance to see if its a server side issue or the site itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CHASEEE View Post
    The site has been unstable, but I'm thankful it's here. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this forum.

I've been lurking more on the clubep3 forum since the EPhatch upgrade and unstableness, and it's clear it lacks the passion and enthusiasm this forum has. What I DO like about clubep3 is the simplicity, uptime, and quickness. Why do we need a DIY and How-To section? Why do we keep losing months of information?

I'm not bashing on this forum. I love it. But if there is something that needs to be done then we'll help out and see it through. There is no reason we can't have the best ep forum on the Internet.

thank you for the love! we are now having 2 seperate people at seperate locations doing weekly backups of the site, so i dont think any info loss will happen again. we covered and recovered our butts this time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEP3 View Post
    Im up for a donaton section....maybe not 5 a month but I'd chip in a 10 - 15 dollar annual payment.....that would be a lot if everyone would donate. Lets get that up and going !!
    no no no thats not necessary. lol you guys help tremendously by upgrading to site sponsors. that helps with the site and is more than enough. we got on netfirms about the issue, they were unaware of our downtime and are looking into it to find out whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Yellow View Post
    Mary, would a donations thread help any? I understand we have to finish out the current contract, but if people are willing to donate to move to a better server/host/whatever.

once our contract is up, if netfirms cant get things running right by then, we will definatly be going elsewhere. we will see how it goes in the next couple weeks. they are going to upgrade our server to a higher plan but they have to turn the site off for about an hour to do the upgrades to the server. i told them to do it on a timeframe where we are not busy... they are reviewing a good time to do that... hopefully this should happen some time this week.

I love ephatch but I hate how this site is always down every few wks it seams, ive joined A LOT of forums on the internet and this one is by far the least stable.. but eh..whatever I guess..

we got a good community here and the mods /admins do a great job at keeping the trolls and other less desirables out. So I'll just deal and hope it gets more stable one day.

Why is it there is so much B****in about the site if you dont like it dont log in...everyone that has the power is doing everything that they can while battling with their own life issues. When comparing ephatch to other sites i'd much rather b on the hatch any day even when its not fully functional or when it has ups and downs. Without this site my car would be stock looking ridiculous, this site and the people on this site contribute a lot when i deal with my car. If you think it can be down better than start running your own forum and tell me how it goes...other than that stfu and appreciate what everyone is trying to do to please you...if you feel like this is directed towards you then good cuz it is

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information