Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Project every color Project Yellow's Avatar
    didnt read anything but the OP's but if you're strapped on cash and need a quick fix- I just ziptied mine onto the side. You can't see the zip ties (I bought black ones at home depot), and it worked well and never came off... even on a 900 mile trip. Plus I'm low so it kind of served as a curb finder, lol.

I think i have an extra bracket if you want it, but you have to screw it into your bumper and theres no way in hell I'd do that. In FL we don't have to have a front one so I just took the front VA one off when I moved.

I use the SSR bracket. I love the way it looks.

I just put a little bit of felt behind it to make sure it doesn't scratch.

Makin it rain
    zip ties on the jdm front!
    Last edited by talonXracer; 09-28-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siege911 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't recommend installing it any other way than OEM. Those things falling off at high speeds can seriously damage not only your car but others on the road as well.
    for real? if you bolt it onto your car in a way that it flies off while you're driving, you don't belong around cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    When I bought my car the plate was screwed right into the bumper. I suggest you don't do that. I wish I found the guy that screwed that in so I can give him an earful.
    this is how mine is as well :'( i took off the plate and the oem black bracket thing and there was a screw right threw the middle of my bumper =(

I've been going on a year now with no front plate and was never hassled once. I figured better quit while I'm ahead, so I bought a jdm relocator ( http://www.robearracing.com/pd-jdm-l...rsxintegra.cfm ) fairly cheap from a random site and it works great. I drilled two small holes in the plastic connecting to the front bumper, right next to my fog lights and it fits great. It looks good too. Btw if you ever wanted to take the plate off again the plastic drilled holes are not very noticeable. I'll post pics if you want to see.

The bracket as it comes from Honda will wear the paint away, but you can add a spacer under the bracket and it no longer touches.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Zip tie ftw !!

For those mounting their plates with zip ties or JDM relocatrs i believe that is still illegal well in cal at least. I was pulled over for having my front plate mounted to low. The CHP officer said there is a min height the plate has to be mounted when i asked him how high he didnt know but said mine was to low. He didnt issue me a ticket but said i had to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    for real? if you bolt it onto your car in a way that it flies off while you're driving, you don't belong around cars.
    I've seen plenty of license plates dangling off cars, trucks and trailers, and I was referring to zip-tying them on, not bolting them down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information