Close

Question HFP Lips and Different Brands of Tow Hooks

My beautiful, awesome, intelligent and sexy girlfriend bought me front and rear HFP lips for my birthday. They will be going on my car in two weeks once the spring semester is over. From reading other people's comments recently I am beginning to wonder if I should also invest in a set of tow hooks at the same time. By moving the point of contact for a tow outside of the bumpers I may be able to save at least one lip in a worst case ditch/crash scenario.

I was looking at some Benen tow hooks but from the pictures it appears like the rear hook actually touches the OEM EP3 bumper and would really get in the way with the HFP rear lip there as well.

Is anyone running HFP front and rear lips with tow hooks?

Is this a waste of my money?

everybody here will tell you they're a waste of money and that they're "rice".. I got red Datum 1's and love them..i dont have a body kit though..Im pretty sure you could use them for towing, I dont see why not, better than having to dig under your car on the side of the road looking for a tow hook.

awesome girlfriend!

just get the lips on and go from there man

question... i have been looking to buy a rear hfp lip.... where did she get it from? if you could please send the exact link. thanks.

and i don't think you should get tow hooks... you have to cut the front bumper and it really isn't that much of a hassle to hook your car up to tow. but if you are going for the look go ahead.

You can either get them from http://www.handa-accessories.com/ or from Stoop (an EPHatch member).

man your girlfriend is amazing!!! thanks for the link...

Do I have to be the one to say it? "Please post pix of beautiful, awesome, intelligent and sexy girlfriend..." lol...

Anyways whatever floats your boat on the tow hooks...I wouldn't mind on mine too but then again I don't like the bumper being cut besides only for the fog lights.

You dont need to cut your bumper to install the front tow hooks, the tow hook gos threw your bottom grille and out. you will need to drill holes in your rebar though.

the only tow hooks you need to cut ur bumper for are the mugen ones. which i have yet to install =(

i dont think any set of tow hooks are possible with the hfp kit, definatley not the rear...not totally sure about the front

Thread Information