Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterCivicSi View Post
    1st lesson - talonxracer knows EVERYTHING about k-series... end of lesson. lol

seriously though, doug is very knowledgeable about any k series motor. the s2k springs are single, i have them in my car.
    no shit he is. thats y i said hes RARELY wrong...

honestly, i would highly suggest you let a shop do it if you havent done valvetrain before. i used a shop in baltimore - they assembled all the valvetrain, cleaned the head and decked it for $200. if you want the info, pm me.

i would suggest replacing the valve guide seals also, if your going to do all that, dont cut corners. the seals are a plastic material, so start fresh w/ your new valvetrain.

a new tct is always a good idea IMHO. i replaced everything, chain, guides, tct and valvetrain. it might have been overkill but i was building for reliability and *hopefully* no headaches for a while. lol

exactly. mary used the place i used and they do great work. u can pm her or me for anything about the shop

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgeezer View Post
    Cool, mary! Thanks! Got my PM?
    i got it, did you get mine?

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJoint316 View Post
    no shit he is. thats y i said hes RARELY wrong...
    scary isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    exactly. mary used the place i used and they do great work. u can pm her or me for anything about the shop
    yeah i cant say enough good things about them. the head looked BRAND new after they got ahold of it... it was the prettiest thing in th world...

before:

after:

ephatch member
    i got it, did you get mine?

scary isnt it?

yeah i cant say enough good things about them. the head looked BRAND new after they got ahold of it... it was the prettiest thing in th world...

before:

after:

yes mary, i got ur pm. thanks, too shadow. umm, i dont think i got their information though. cud yu pls post it or pm me so that i cud contact them. based on both ur testimonies, it seems they really do a pretty good job. cud yu also pls put up a list of what i need to replace in the valvetrain so that i cud start fresh. so im getting bc stg2 cams, retainer/spring kit, and exhaust valves. so far u said i need to replace valve seals, guides, tct.... what else? i know this is asking too much, so thank you very much.

I have bc sg3 and bought bc springs and retainers. waiting for timingchain guide and the $$ for a tune. after the install could it wait a month for a dyno tune? i will need to take it to the track and put it up aginst my brother in laws built gsr swaped 93 civic. and post up some no's to get the cam threads out there.

gosh I wanna cam my a3 now!

I have only heard problems with the Skunk2 Stage 2's and 3's for the K20a2's.... Nothing was said about the a3's. TCT's were failing on a2's all over the place, but i don't think Skunk2 had such aggresive ramps on the a3/K24a1 cams.

I almost sold my EP this week, but decided I'm just tired of the lack of power the stock A3 produces... I was considering doing a straight swap, but this may be a better rout for me. Either way K-Pro will have to come into effect, so why not just mod the stock A3... :-)

Lots of great info here to get me started.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information