Close

Question .recommendations to replace Head Cylinder

greeting my fellow civilians of ep3 nation!

I bought my silver '04 sir 3 months ago, not knowing anything about this car.
    since i was coming from an automatic '97 chevy cavalier.
    i bought it NOT knowing how to drive a standard.
    i guess you can say that it was an impulsive buy.
    since i would cheesily say that it was love at first sight.
    even though it already ran 103,000+ kms.
    maybe because it was already lowered with tein springs and blingin' with golden spyn rims with chrome finish. it just goes so well with the rear '04 lights and silver satin body.
    or maybe its the fact that it is a very uncommon car.
    now a days, every time i see a fellow ep3 on the road, its like seeing a unicorn.
    i've always said that ive never seen this type of car on the road before.
    not realizing that my cousin have been driving the same car (but '02 sir).
    i guess ive never really paid attention to cars that much before.
    until i finally honed my smooth gear shiftings.

anyways, after so many stalls and gear grinding from learning.
    I think* I've noticed that ive lost power on my 1st to 2nd shitting.
    So I decided to walk into a shop for a tuneup.
    after a few minutes of waiting, the mechanic walks up to me and advises me that the coolant have been "splashing" around the area of my spark plugs.
    he said that it is not that bad yet, and it is still drivable for a few more miles.
    I am embarrassed to say that I really do not know how this works.
    please try* not to bash a noob. i am very sensitive. lol
    But I am ardently willing to acquire more knowledge about the mechanical works of this car.
    i am eager to to learn more about this car like i was eager to learn how to drive a standard car.
    If there's already a thread relating to replacing this "head cylinder", please forgive me for opening up my very 1st thread on this ephatch, and kindly just redirect me to it.

but for the meantime, i am in need for more advice from you all.
    if i am to spend about a grand and half or probably more on replacing this "head cylinder".
    i need to know as much information as i can get before i pay this much.
    please please please kindly help me out on what type of head cylinder i should get.
    this might seem ambitious of me right now, but i am drooling about the idea of someday swapping the tsx engine on it. so maybe i can get a head cylinder that is k24 engine ready. if someone wishes to slap me, please do so and advise me. once i get this cylinder thing fix, i will move on to kpro.

so, what and where can i get it? if you have the specivic serial # that would superly amazing!

ps. i love my ep3 & i love killing my time on ephatch.

get a compression check, it does sound like a head gasket. What is involved in this is of course the removal of the head , sending the head toa machine shop (make sure it has not been warped) and a new gasket. It is not too ungodly difficult but at a shop I would imagine it would be at least 500$ If you get a k24a2 or k20a2 head it would be very wise to get some sort of fuel management (kpro probably) or get fuel management and the ecu for whatever head you are using...

BUT def. get a compression check first. Post it here.

Thread Information