Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    ok so from just looking at the manual...there is a TP sensor. but says its not replaceable unless the throttle body is replaced....but WHAT could causing the car to do this?
    I have some responses from clubrsx, and one that could potentially fix it all.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=735143
    http://www.d-series.org/forums/gener...all-issue.html

Do you guys have kpro too? If you do, this is what I'm going to try. From Hondata:

7. Increase the engine speed to 2500 - 3000 rpm and abruptly let off the throttle. If the engine speed dips below 850 rpm, move the duty cycle slider to the right. If the engine speed hangs above 850rpm for some time, move the duty cycle slider to left.
    Last edited by RoyVegasPinoy; 08-27-2010 at 04:09 PM.

If you do the above and your engine idle is still off, then its likely time to clean out the IACV as Doug suggested.

I had the same issue with mine when the engine sat for about two months without use while i was collecting everything to swap in my k24a1. It didnt want to idle properly, so i messed with the slider for the IACV in KPro. It would improve while i sat in my parking spot, but as i tried to drive it would either idle way too high... or stall... depending on the direction of the adjustment.

I did the DIY for the IACV and problem solved. Youd be surprised the crap that collects on that little rotor in the IACV... even through normal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    If you do the above and your engine idle is still off, then its likely time to clean out the IACV as Doug suggested.

I had the same issue with mine when the engine sat for about two months without use while i was collecting everything to swap in my k24a1. It didnt want to idle properly, so i messed with the slider for the IACV in KPro. It would improve while i sat in my parking spot, but as i tried to drive it would either idle way too high... or stall... depending on the direction of the adjustment.

I did the DIY for the IACV and problem solved. Youd be surprised the crap that collects on that little rotor in the IACV... even through normal use.
    Woohoo! The duty cycle slider did the trick! The rpms drop right to 1k rpm and stays there. I love it when these things end up to be an easy fix! Try it out if you have kpro. Hopefully it works for you guys too! Otherwise, the other links I posted had a few other good suggestions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyVegasPinoy View Post
    Woohoo! The duty cycle slider did the trick! The rpms drop right to 1k rpm and stays there. I love it when these things end up to be an easy fix! Try it out if you have kpro. Hopefully it works for you guys too! Otherwise, the other links I posted had a few other good suggestions as well.
    man...i wish i still had Kpro...i sold mine like 6 months ago. arg! i guess i clean out the IACV....how do u do that lol?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information