Close

Registered User bluebullitt2003's Avatar

55W HID problems

So i bought some 55W HID's from DDM Tuning and i dunno, maybe its a problem with the ep3, but every time i turn on my car only one light turns on or neither turn on, so i have to pop my hood and mess around with them until they turn on. any questions on how to solve the problem? are the 55w's drawing to much power so the trip out? FML lol

I had the same problem before but with a 35W ballast. I realized the problem was I put the ground on a wrong screw. Try playing around with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    I had the same problem before but with a 35W ballast. I realized the problem was I put the ground on a wrong screw. Try playing around with that.

Registered User bluebullitt2003's Avatar
    there is no ground on the product, it just hooks up to your existing factory harness. I know ddm sells a kit that i would need to connect to my battery.....maybe that will solve my problems

maybe the wire is loose in the connection. mines were loose when i first got them.

i have had 3 cars with plug n play Hid's and they all flickered or didn't work right at some point. This is because of the fluctuating current that comes from your original harness..... once it gets too low the hid's flicker or go out. to solve this get a relay harness but trust me the problem will still be there just not as often. This is why I stay away from plug and play Hid's..... they are stupid bright, the light is scattered and my halogens have a better light distribution than 99.999% of them..... Do it the right way and retrofit tsx projectors on depo's

Thread Information