Close

ephatch member

Replacing my aftermarket HU to another aftermarket HU

Hey,

I'm looking into replacing my aftermarket HU (came with the car) with another one. Pioneer to Kenwood if that matters.

Do I need to take apart my centre console? Or is there a way to swap the deck without removing it?

Thx!

In for answers too. Car audio is another planet for me.

Yeah, the entire center silver dash will have to be removed, but don't worry because its super easy to remove.

Well if you already have an aftermarket pioneer deck. You can just use the radio keys to pull it out with out having to remove the whole center console. If you pull off the pioneer face and the frame around the deck you will see 2 slots on the side you put in radio keys to pull the deck out.

I've already have it all apart for some other mods I'm doing, I've got it all figured out now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Well if you already have an aftermarket pioneer deck. You can just use the radio keys to pull it out with out having to remove the whole center console. If you pull off the pioneer face and the frame around the deck you will see 2 slots on the side you put in radio keys to pull the deck out.
    Not if it's ISO mounted as it should be.... our dash cannot properly support DIN mounting.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Stereo should be ISO mounted, which means that bish is pretty much strapped to the frame LOL!
    Pulling the center dash isn't hard though. Pop off shift knob. Pop off bottom half. Pop off top half.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Not if it's ISO mounted as it should be.... our dash cannot properly support DIN mounting.
    Thats true. I have seen a lot of people iso mount decks in hondas but they dont put a frame on it so there is a huge gap at the top. Also when i go to pull out the old deck i find a stack of cd's in the dash.

Thread Information