Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust rattle

There is a very easy solution to this problem, though it isnt cheap, that is a proper ceramic coating. I had this issue real bad before having the header ceramic coated. The coating RETAINS the heat within the header and this keeps the heat in the exhaust enough to keep the aft sections hot enough to overcome direct water cooling of the exhaust pipe and the resulting heat cycling causing the entire exhaust to vibrate and bang around.

A large dia exhaust will be even more prone to this.

Another downside is that a reversion wave is set up within the exhaust, this reversion wave cancels out the scavenging affect and it will seem as if the engine had just lost alot of power and the exhaust/engine sounds change drastically.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I bought some of those silicone rubber, high heat resistant pot holders, and was thinking of pop riveting a couple to the heat shield near the cat. Have not gotten around to doing it however. I am waiting til I have access to a lift (trying to drill holes lying under a car is a pain in the ass, and neck.).

yeah I was thinking of the silicone heat pads as well but i wanted try switching hangers first and its worked well for me so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information