Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI_NE1 View Post
    What I worry about is that I'm a do all the work myself.... Cherry Picker looks easy, but like Sucka said... TRUST!... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    LOL,,,,,,dont buy cheap tools and that isnt an issue, But I have never seen a cherry picker fail, though I have seen idiots induce a failure.

It does! Sorta one of those quotable's
    Quote Originally Posted by yyi View Post
    Why not? do they have a tendency to fail? or just much slower?
    Well i would understand if you got some extras hands to help you out but Brad is doing by himself.
    I would also be scared when you push the cherry picker and the motor towards the car. I have seen motors move on cherry pickers before. I wouldn't want to scratch up the car or part of the engine bay or the cars chassis. (Just my opinion) Maybe im just a more cautious person than others....

we'll be going out the top.

There is just as much, if not more chance of banging something going in from the bottom. and I have NEVER seen or had an engine move or roll when the proper tools are used.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ephatch member
    I prefer out the top on the ep3. Been wrenching professionally for quite some time now and have never seen a cherry picker fail. If something tips or moves unexpectedly it's usually user error to be honest. Even the cheapest cherry pickers are rated at much much more weight wise than what you are going to yank out of the ep3.

you can lift the whole ep with a cherry picker

I guess i'm the only one who had a bitch of a time getting the motor and trans out the top. I had to take the alternator and AC pump off, the front and back engine monts, and the trans mount had to be unbolted for everything to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucka View Post
    Well i would understand if you got some extras hands to help you out but Brad is doing by himself.
    I would also be scared when you push the cherry picker and the motor towards the car. I have seen motors move on cherry pickers before. I wouldn't want to scratch up the car or part of the engine bay or the cars chassis. (Just my opinion) Maybe im just a more cautious person than others....
    Im thinking of repainting the EP a different color while I'm at it. The A3 will be out and they can spray the engine bay a lot better with it out. Im thinking.... The G35-S's White Pearl or a Toyota Red Pearl... I'm really gonna take my time with this... But I would HATE to scratch the engine bay when its done painted.... :-(

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    I guess i'm the only one who had a bitch of a time getting the motor and trans out the top. I had to take the alternator and AC pump off, the front and back engine monts, and the trans mount had to be unbolted for everything to clear.
    you're definitely not, lol. Keeping the a/c all connected was always a pretty big bitch, but has paid off every time.
    Last edited by ToingToing; 11-17-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI_NE1 View Post
    Im thinking of repainting the EP a different color while I'm at it. The A3 will be out and they can spray the engine bay a lot better with it out. Im thinking.... The G35-S's White Pearl or a Toyota Red Pearl... I'm really gonna take my time with this... But I would HATE to scratch the engine bay when its done painted.... :-(
    Do you need a hand? I'm mainly free on the weekends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information