Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JRSC-R w/Kpro

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    what is recommend for the sc? 3 inch straight thru also? i remember asking about this set up awhile back but no answer.
    whats ur goals? if i remember correctly a 3in is only neccessary when u start goin over the 250whp mark. Could be wrong. 04ep3hatch is currently gettin a 3in done to go with his JRSC setup. u should ask him. My supercharger days are long gone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    what is recommend for the sc? 3 inch straight thru also? i remember asking about this set up awhile back but no answer.
    the three inch straight was horrible with a can style muffler. it was obnoxious, girlfreind hated it and so did it. Now i have a 3" vibrant street power, the flat black one with a single tip and the ebay resonator that was in the exhaust and it is a lot quieter and deeper, i can clearly hear the blower again. but the thing is, i dont know if it was worth it. look into the merge collector of the KRRH and look what you see. i beleive it's a 2" collector. 2 INCH 8( i may do a custom merge collector to a 3" but i dunno. the setup might still like a little backpressure the keep psi up slightly to make torque. i think im gonna leave it alone though. But as for noise, im going even more noise compliant :) i am taking the single tip vibrant black muffler off, turning it 90 degrees (so the the ovalized can is facing up and down) and welding it where my resonator is. there is enough room there i just have to get hanger creative. then i am putting the flat black twin tip on the back so it looks a little better. how's that for quiet

Ive got the JRSC-R, 4" pulley, kpro, megan shorty heade,r 2.5" catback to a 2.5 megan dual tip axleback, HPS gold short ram intake and 440cc injectors and made 251hp on my own custom tune. SOld that entire engine and kpro and everything went N/A and now im going back to JRSC-R :) going with the same setup only making another, better, tune. I may run an IC. so wull see :) goodluck m8!

2" is a small "exit" for a SC header. No less than 2.5". 3" exit is good for cars that are making upwords of 300whp and are shifting b/t 6-9,000 rpms all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information