Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Snows.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i have a honda fit i drove last winter here in ny with dunlop (forget the model) snow tires. it worked great, had no problems. even cruised i84 in one of the big storms with no much trouble.

ephatch member
    Waiting for my blizzaks to come in :)

i have the continental extreme winter contacts
    Ed~

Quote Originally Posted by superd16girl View Post
    Waiting for my blizzaks to come in :)
    Loved my Blizzaks when on the last FWD I had. None of that understeer crap, just point and go.

Please tell me those of you putting snow tires on the car actually HAVE snow.. and yes I have a set of blizzacks on factory wheels sitting in the garage.

It's going to be 87 tomorrow.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    It's going to be 87 tomorrow.
    Shut your face!

I live in Wisconsin and we get lots of snow. Last year we had a day where we got 16 inches of snow in less than 10 hours. And I go to school an hour away. There was a day there was like 2 inches of snow and it took me 3 hours just to get to school because some people drive like such jack asses. Can't wait to have blizzaks :) Just have to raise the car up and let that mugen lip eat some snow

Yeah, we get lake effect snow every winter coming out of the west. No snow for weeks, then 2 feet all at once.

I still have my bling wheels and shoes on. Weather has been mild here. Will put the Hankook I Pikes/steelies on here in a few days.

ephatch member
    Just got done raising my car up and putting the winter rims and tires on :( My winter beater actually looks like a winter beater now.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tougeep3 View Post
    Please tell me those of you putting snow tires on the car actually HAVE snow.. and yes I have a set of blizzacks on factory wheels sitting in the garage.

last winter

snow is fun to drive on :)

Then the temprature went all crazy fell down to -34c (-31F)at i lowest and stayed around there for almost a week.. it was around -20c for a month and it wasent above 0 for almost 3 months.. At those times a year its really nice to be working on building sites with concrete...

And studded tires are allowed between 1november and the first monday after easter in norway. And if you make a accident with summer tires on snow, even if its in july, you will not get all your money from the incurance company..
    Last edited by LLH; 11-06-2010 at 06:10 AM.

No snow on the ground, but it is spitting snow every day and night for a week now, it is only a matter of time now and you do not want to be caught out in a snowstorm with a set of summer toboggan tires on the ride.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Ed~

Please tell me those of you putting snow tires on the car actually HAVE snow..
    "snow tires" arent just for when snow is on the ground. its for low temp as well. and this time of year in southern ontario weather is sporadic at best. people seem to think winter rated tires are made of butter or something. like if its not -30C with snow on the ground they will melt just driving on them. thats not true at all. i work with a guy who drives on them all year around and he gets about 60 000km out of a set of snows like this. im not going to go over why he does it...but im just saying they are still safe, durable tires. by the first snowfall its too late...you could have already been in a situation where the extra traction in low temp could have made the difference. I like the peace of mind.

and talonxracer, blizzaks are wicked tires, dont get me wrong. they were my second choice though. i love IG20s. they are amazing tires plus, all the canadian rally guys (not including quebec guys....they get to use studded tires) use them as their ice/mixed ice and snow tires. and im not just quoting that from a commerical. i've been to tallpines rally every year for so long now and i always walk through the service area scoping out their tires. NO ONE uses blizzaks for their ice/snow mix tires. They all run tractionized yokohama ice guards. and if you cant trust the top rally teams for tire advice, who can you trust? lol

Here in Texas we get "snow" maybe once a year. Last time it did though, we set a new record which was nearly 12 inches - the only time I was stuck in the snow in my apartment parking lot. I had summers on and did already once I got moving, but I think winter tires in this state isn't a requirement, just better drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information