Close

Thread: 14 inch rims?

14 inch rims?

I have a pair of studded snow tires on a pair of 14x5.5 inch rims off my EH9 i threw them on but there is very little clearance between the brake caliper and the rim itself about 1/4 of an inch id say maybe a little more, is this enough or should i ditch them and just get bigger steelies and tires?

Well my thoughts are 2 things...first, the clearance should be fine, put the wheel on and bolt it up and turn it a few revolutions to ENSURE they clear, if they do, they will be just fine, my brake calipers only clear the inside of my 16" wheels by by no more than 1/4"...actually, another thought on clearance, you may want to put the car on the ground and turn the wheel lock to lock both directions and check for wheel clearance on your suspension.

Second, is the overall diameter snow tires/wheels the same as the wheels on the ep? If not the speedo will be real off
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Second, is the overall diameter snow tires/wheels the same as the wheels on the ep? If not the speedo will be real off
    Yeah, I have 195/50/15 and my speedo shows +5 mph than what Im really going so this will throw you wayyy up there.

thanks guys ^_^ i think il run them, they clear diameter wise so it should be fine that way. i;m not to concerned about the speedometer being off to much as i don't think il be speeding or getting raydared to much in the winter. there's usually like 2-3inches on the road even if there constantly plowed so yeah : / snow belt, what can i say, lol.

Thread Information