Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    downgrade that's an upgrade?
    How so? I have a 27mm front sway and have done a full season of auto-x (which im guessng most people will switch out their sways for) and cant imagine drving with anything smaller than even stock. Your turn in respons will go to shit not to mention super body roll.

-Rob

what years rsx fit the 02 hatch?

i am looking at the upgrade to the type s bars and found a set of 05 and 06 type S bars that appear to be even larger than then the 02-04 type s. will these still fit or do i need to stick with the 02-04 type S bars?

Thanks, Jayme

Quote Originally Posted by jschmit View Post
    i am looking at the upgrade to the type s bars and found a set of 05 and 06 type S bars that appear to be even larger than then the 02-04 type s. will these still fit or do i need to stick with the 02-04 type S bars?

Thanks, Jayme
    Both the year modles should fit. You will need the rubber bushing along with it though so make sure you get that as well.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    How so? I have a 27mm front sway and have done a full season of auto-x (which im guessng most people will switch out their sways for) and cant imagine driving with anything smaller than even stock. Your turn in response will go to shit not to mention super body roll.
    Steering response is easily compensated for by the driver, damper valving & alignment tweaking. And body roll isn't an issue so long as you haven't slammed the car & have a proper alignment. As well as most of it that will be alleviated by proper spring choice regardless.

What you get out of it is significantly more front end traction overall. And given that the front end is always the weakest link for handling on a FWD chassis, any thing you can do to increase it is a good idea in my book.

Granted stiffer front anti-roll bars have their place, such as when you can not or will not run significantly stiff springs Or the necessary alignment for said springs. With such setups, stiffening the front anti-roll bar tends to be the better choice as it reduces the spring stiffness requirements as well as alignment requirements. and as such the benefits of stiffening the bar out weigh the reduction in overall front end grip. as in you've reduced your maximum traction output but you've increased your actual usable traction by alleviating spring and alignment issues.

Ultimately there is no such thing as an upgrade or downgrade as far as anti-roll bars are concerned. They are simply tools for fine tuning your setup, and as such the proper bar will be determined by how the rest of the car is tuned. If you can get away with a soft front bar, by all means tune the car around that idea. If you are unable or unwilling to tune around a soft front bar, well then a stiffer front bar may be the better option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information